Cooks In The Morning 01.04.07

Chef

Had a couple of hours to kill this morning so Jason ( Known as Stafford to many ), and i went up the Cooks river to get out the wind.

Found most of the river to be like glass and the fish must have loved it as well because in just four odd hours we boated about 25 Bream from just on legal to about 800 gr. We also got heaps of undersize as well as heaps of lizards and a by-catch of a 3kg Jewie in the same spot the Swordfisherman catches his. Love that bridge. :yahoo:

Funny thing was we found them to be on the bite almost the whole time not just in a particular section of time.

Hardest part of the session was having to go home for lunch and leave with fish still on the bite. :05:

Also had a great time at the ramp releasing the catch, after we weighed & inspected them, and watching the faces of the astonished onlookers who could not believe we were throwing them back. Watching them is almost as much fun as catching the fish.

It's funny how many don't understand the concept behind catch & release.

Go work Chef and Jason ,good to see the Cooks going well and some schoolies in there :thumbup: I knew it wouldnt be long with all the bait in there .

Cheers Stewy

Your not kidding about the bait in there.

At one time we saw enough small poddy mullet to fill the entire Pyrmont Fish Markets. Ok, a little exaduration there but you get what i mean, there is heaps.

Anyone who has live poddy's is in with a HUGE shot at Jew's.

were you guys live baiting of using sp?????? coz i fish ther alot and hardly catch anything

:(

Only ever use SP & some hard bodies.

Will send you a PM re help.