Got A Bream .... On Green Weed

arpie

Hi guys

Just delivered the Outback to Sydney & picked up the Sport on the weekend. First 'real' trip out in it today & it suits me down to the ground!!

Had my brothers, sister in law, niece and a complete stranger try it out down on Narrabeen Lake on Sat - they all loved it! One brother had it going so fast, I reckon I could have skied behind it! Even the 10 year old had no hassles (after adjusting the seat straps, moving the seat closer and adjusting the pedals to suit her size.) So if anyone is looking for a yak for the whole family (or one that you never really grow out of.... ) the SPort could be the one. No hassles loading or unloading it - can even lift up the tailgate of the ute, with this one!

I put it in near the Red SPot, fired up the sounder & went lookin' for fish!

The water was so clear (nearing top of the tide) you could see all the fish (I guess that means they see you, too) - some nice big blackies, bream & whiting and also stacks of fairly big pike!

Only took the blackie gear out - must make the handle of the rod shorter .... it kept getting in the way! So I was surprised when the rod bent over, indicating a good fish, to pull in a nice sized bream .... on green weed!

A fellow fisho had just arrived & saw it all happen - also surprised it was a bream. The bream had lost the protective gill cover on one side of his face & his red gills were clearly visible, even from a distance - but it had all healed over well & he seemed happy - even more so when I released him!

Really impressed with my 'new' yak - great to just cruise along in the current (not even peddling) & just the occasional adjustment to the rudder to keep 'in the zone.'

Looking forward to the Entrance social to give it another go!

Cheers for now

Roberta