How To Fix A Squid Jig

image010my7.jpg

i blame shant for this!! :1prop:

my 1st idea was to just superglue it on but... dont wanna lose any squid

so

my next thought...

drill a hole down the centre of the hooks (through the plastic) and into the back of the jig

then screw a screw into the back of it.

but this would probably be too heavy and unbalance the jig

so back to square one...

can anybody help me? im not entirely sure what to do...

thx, Tom

well it happened as so...

was teaching shant how to catch squid

he was casting it out

then we saw a frigate dart around

so he wound it up, unclipped it (we were using a snap swivel) and put on a metal

put it on the floor then stepped on it

LOL... :05:

anyway

update: dad rekons we should drill a slightly larger hole in the back and shove the metal bits into it a bit

then fill it up with a bit of super glue

should hold ok..

any other ideas?

I rekon just bin it (or frame it , with caption "the giant squid bit the barbs of my jig!" :1prop::tease: )

Im not sure how super glue would handle saltwalter and the like , might become brittle (er) and hooks might fall out on a squid :thumbdown:

that looks like a pricey Yamashita jig...Yikes!! I would drill a very small hole (dremel) thru the body & pin assembly, Araldite it and put a fine guage stainless pin thru the lot to secure it. this would add a pooftenth of a gram rear bias, easily offset with a split ring at the tow point.

I couldn't bring myself to toss a qual jig like that without at least trying to fix it !

yeh its one of those expensive yama's

dun really wanna fork out another $20 for a new 1

but thats not really the problem... im going away to hawks nest on sat, and fishing friday so dont really have a chance to buy a new 1 (school finishes thursday)

yeh its one of those expensive yama's

dun really wanna fork out another $20 for a new 1

but thats not really the problem... im going away to hawks nest on sat, and fishing friday so dont really have a chance to buy a new 1 (school finishes thursday)

Don't worry about it. Port Stephens squid aren't that fussy, and very aggressive. Just got home from Fingal with four kilo plus squid taken on a berkley gulp 7" jerkshad threaded on a spike. In my experience this outfishes the pricey jigs 2 to 1