How Did You Go This Summer

netic

Hey guys,

Thought i would start a thread to see how we all rate our summer just past.

For me this summer has been a good one in numbers but not in size so much.

Looking over the reports we have had some Big kings, Thumber breams, Mass Flatties caught...would love to hear a summary of your results.

For me here how it went

For the early part of the season till late January i rarely fished Sydney and got into travelling south to Port Kembla....Was some great kings there....managed a few days where we caught over 30 kings per trip ranging between 50cm to 90cm....

THen started to get back into Sydney fishing in Late January and boy didnt it fire...

Never really got the bigger Kings as we had about 10 big bust offs...the kings won everytime but we did manage a few around the 90 mark...

Big Steve has become a regurlar fishing parter over the summer and he has been a bit of a Lucky charm.. We manage over 15 kings per trip over a 6 week period.....

I did have a run of chasing marlin for about 4 weeks and although i did get to fight a beakie i didnt get to bring anything to the boat...spewing.....

So as i look back over the summer it has been great for kings

Not so good for dollies as they havent turned up in good numbers yet ( still may have a chance), I was really looking forward to ripping into more dollies this season.

Not good for Marlin as i didnt get even one

And we got the odd by catch of small Samsons here and there

But i think the commercial ban has really incresed the numbers of kings and it has been the best king season for years although it did start later then usual.

But now all i can say is BRING ON THE YFT........

Edited by netic

My season ws pretty average, had its good days and its bad days.

Normally when we had a good day fishing the wind would be up and restrict us from areas and the bad day's fishing would produce top weather.

Had a few first's

My first striped tuna

First flathead over 50cm landed on my boat by domza

First productive fad trip but it was still pretty quiet.

Did really good on the tailor and pike i think all up between me and dom we must have caught about 70fish over about 3-4 trips.

The reef fishing and bottom fishing around the merries reef complex was better this summer than last summer, almost every trip to merries produced the goods.

Only landed about 5 kings on my boat, biggest was 59cm at merries the rest were all 45cm rats.

The flathead fishing was supurb most of summer.

This has got to be the first summer we havn't caught an octopus or squid.

After reading about my many dollies were caught i guess it must have been a slow game season.

Me and domza went out for a troll off botany the water was 16 degrees all the way to the close fad, shocking colour and temp and guess what didnt loose a bait anywhere, not even the leatherjacket were around.

There was a few good fish caught though.

cheers james

I have had a very good year!

Landed my first snapper on Sp's , that went 40cm in the (Hacking)

Landed my biggest lizard that went 74cm in the (Hacking)

Landed 6 kings in the bay, all legal biggest went 65cm (Hacking)

Landed my first Bonito on Sp's (Hacking)

Landed my PB whiting that went 42cm (Hacking)

Just about got the art of catching livies squid...

Landed my first Jew went 74cm (Hacking)

Caught my first hammerhead Aprox 1M (Hacking)

This summer would have to the best summer of all time for me, i have persisted, learnt some new things along the way and the most satisfying thing is all fish were landed in the bay. Which means they are coming back:)

I also rekon the commerical ban has been bloody awsome!

Deffinatley more fish around.

This summer has been the best for me so far

- 10 bonnito (apposed to 0 last season)

- about 35~40 kings landed

- 4 watson's leaping

- 15 or thereabout frigates

:yahoo::yahoo:

Although its comming into winter( :1badmood: ) it will be interesting how the ban in netting effect's the winter fishing. Maybe the salmon will be eating visable baitfish this year? :1prop:

Rob :1fishing1:

Crappy year for me I'd have to say.

From a beach fishing point of view the year has been awful - with the cold currents keeping the beaches very quiet until the last couple of weeks.

Still haven't caught a jew - either land or boat based - despite countless attempts applying every trick I've learned through fishraider.

Still haven't caught a kingy, despite spending $40K on a new boat and taking countless trips out of Broken Bay, buying a downrigger, and using freshly caught squid and yakkas every time.

However I will say that this year I've really got the bait thing sorted. Perfected my beachworming, squidding and yakka gathering efforts.

Guest Reely

Everything has been greeat except the Dollies. The Kings have been in force compared to last year, Jews just the norm, tropical species have been hit and miss, not as much Cobia as last summer, although i heard of a Mangrove Jack caught on a reef and some other strange northerly visitors. The Wahoo were in better numbers this year too. More marlin??? Maybe just more people fishing for them these days??

Just a good season bar the dollies.

Edited by Reely

From a beach fishing point of view the year has been awful - with the cold currents keeping the beaches very quiet until the last couple of weeks.

i second that, beaches have been awfully quiet for most of the beggining of the season for me.

this has been a crappo season, maybe i just dont put in enough effort anymore. there has been more sightings of fish than catching them :1badmood:

Some excellent bream and mullet fishing on poppers tho! im hooked!

Cheers

Davy

pretty shit for me, i mean i did catch my first king ever, but thats where it stopped. I put in alot of time into catching these kings and all i got was 1 king and 1 bonito :1badmood:

did however catch a nice 90cm flattie which would be my best fish for this year, other then that..ordinary. Maybe im fishing the wrong areas..i don't see how someone can catch 30 kings in ONE trip, and i catch ONE king in 4 months :wacko: