Hawkesbury

MGibbo

What a beautiful day. After watching my kids in their school Easter Hat Parade, hubby and I ducked down to Brooklyn to get a quick fish in before the school holidays commence. Nice to bump into fellow Fishraider HenryInnis at the ramp who was heading off to their holiday house on Dangar..... lucky buggers!

Conditions were excellent - the sun was shining, the water was pretty smooth and we were alone. Did a drift near Horseshoe Bay but nothing very exciting, so headed off to Juno where we picked up this flounder and flathead, plus a tiny bream. Kept the flounder but put the others back. The conditioned changed quite quickly so we enjoyed a salt spray trip back to the boat ramp in time to get the kids from school.

I was pretty chuffed with my flounder but quite deflated when we got back to the ramp to see that some other guys had buckets full of them, along with many flathead and trevally which they caught near Lion Island.

Any tips on how to cook a nice flounder? HAPPY EASTER Cheers Marg

Hey MGibbo,

Flounder are one of my favourite eating fish. I love to BBQ them on the flat plate. Just scale it and slit it with a sharp knife across its back. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and spash with olive oil. Don't over cook just a minute each side.

Rake the meat off and enjoy the sweet flesh.

Cheers Jeff.

Ditto, although I usually squeeze some lemon over it as well.

The other thing I have been using lately on the bbq is Balsamic Vinegar.

It has olive oil, herbs and vinegar in it and is really nice on fish.

I pour some on the hot - hotplate and then lay the fish in it and turn it so both sides are coated.

Then just cook it for a minute or 2 on both sides and it is done.

The olive oil stops the fish sticking to the bbq plate.

Bon apetite!!!

Cheers

Greg

Thanks Guys - I'll definitely cook it on the BBQ tomorrow and let you know how it goes. I actually picked up some salt & pepper seasoning from an asian shop (you know like the restaurant use for salt & pepper squid) and I've been dying to use it - I might put a little on and see what it's like with a touch of lemon.

Have a great weekend.

Cheers Marg

Your atistic ability in displaying your photo's always make me smile. Your a lucky little fisherlady and always catch something everytime you go out. Take me with you when the kids go back to school so we can brag together. Hope you enjoyed the fish. JO

Nice one Gibbo,

Looking good for the Camp out Monday

Hope your in the mood to fish :thumbup:

Don't like the weather :1badmood:

Hey Murray - what's going on with this weather? :1badmood: Just got back from the mountains with high hopes that it is going to clear up for us to camp. What's this in the mood to fish ... A R E Y O U K I D D I N G!!!! Remember I have 3 obsessions:

1: Fishing

2: Photography

3: Combining the 2

Therefore, I'm always in the mood!!! :1fishing1:

Talk soon....Marg

Your atistic ability in displaying your photo's always make me smile. Your a lucky little fisherlady and always catch something everytime you go out. Take me with you when the kids go back to school so we can brag together. Hope you enjoyed the fish. JO

:1welcomeani: My special friend - of course I'll take you out when school goes back ... how's first week back sound? Maybe get a practice session in before The Entrance. :1fishing1: I replied to Mr Stumpy before I read your post ... weird that I mentioned photography but as for artistic I'm not too sure about that ... more like extremely good at wasting time.

Look forward to hitting the water with The Stumpy's over the next 2 days. Fingers crossed we have something to brag about.

:beersmile: Cheers Marg