First Post

aussie big bob

Hi fellow raiders

This is my first report a bit late but its here now

Headed out for a day on the bay, day starts at 3am Campbelltown arrive at boat ramp 4.30am. The day was not looking promising, :1badmood: but launch the boat anyway. first stop is yarra for some livies sat there for 3 hours for only 1 small yak.

Next stop moll point sat there for approx 2 hours for zip

Buy this time the weather was looking even shitter, :1badmood: but this was not to stop me so up anchor and off to the wide-open sea. This was a stupid move as it was even shitter out there so head back to the north head to try some trolling with my Scottie downrigger which my friend encouraged me to go and get

Out of the carboard which it has been living in for the past year or so ( if he does this again he wont be my friend for long ) :mad3: well the down rigging did not last very long due to a number of things, so after a small hissy and 1 charter special, 1 maple 7 to 15kg rod and one Scottie downrigger less :05: I head back into the bay to try a few drifts this went on for a few hours for only 1 just legal flat head 36cm

So with only about 1 and a half hours of light left it was decided to head back it to wide-open sea.

Headed out of the north head approx half a click with weather still not the best but down to the bottom goes the baits just hit the bottom and first descent fish is on its way to the boat (flathead )so hope are up but for nothing more over the next hour or so, so back to the ramp 6.30pm

post-1685-1175850254_thumb.jpg

Edited by MallacootaPete

G'day Bob and a big :1welcomeani: to the site.

Sounds like your outing wasn't as you expected, but that's fishing I guess.

We all get days like that but the gooduns sure make up for the bad ones.

To post pics...try this link Posting Pictures

If you are still having trouble...email them to me and I'll whack 'em up for you.

The secret to posting that most people have problems with is to keep the size below 50kb per pic. or thereabouts.

You can resize your pictures with most programs you already have in your 'puter.

Drop me a PM if you have probs mate.

Cheers,

Pete.

Edited by MallacootaPete

Hi fellow raiders

This is my first report a bit late but its here now

Headed out for a day on the bay, day starts at 3am Campbelltown arrive at boat ramp 4.30am. The day was not looking promising, :1badmood: but launch the boat anyway. first stop is yarra for some livies sat there for 3 hours for only 1 small yak.

Next stop moll point sat there for approx 2 hours for zip

Buy this time the weather was looking even shitter, :1badmood: but this was not to stop me so up anchor and off to the wide-open sea. This was a stupid move as it was even shitter out there so head back to the north head to try some trolling with my Scottie downrigger which my friend encouraged me to go and get

Out of the carboard which it has been living in for the past year or so ( if he does this again he wont be my friend for long ) :mad3: well the down rigging did not last very long due to a number of things, so after a small hissy and 1 charter special, 1 maple 7 to 15kg rod and one Scottie downrigger less :05: I head back into the bay to try a few drifts this went on for a few hours for only 1 just legal flat head 36cm

So with only about 1 and a half hours of light left it was decided to head back it to wide-open sea.

Headed out of the north head approx half a click with weather still not the best but down to the bottom goes the baits just hit the bottom and first descent fish is on its way to the boat (flathead )so hope are up but for nothing more over the next hour or so, so back to the ramp 6.30pm

trying to post photos but having trouble

I'm a bit confused about the downrigger, but at least you got a flatty :)

Oh yeah...did you lose the downrigger and rod over the side Bob?...Hope not as that would have REALLY

put the kybosh on the day's outing.

Pete.

that is prob the best way to put it

there would be many other way i could explain it, :ranting2:

but would not be fit for this fourm and its younger readers

I can commiserate about the early start and the weather , started out OK in the Harbour , but 3 hours into our session , we got " Mallacoota'd " ( drenched with heavy rain ) . I too hope you didnt lose the Downrigger and rod !!

Nice lizards by the way !! :thumbup:

Ross

:1welcomeani: Well they are a couple of nice Flathead, sounds like the downrigger and rod went for a swim heh :1badmood: ! let me know the co-ordinates it might do a drift or 2 :1fishing1: . Well done on your first report lets hope there are many more.

:1welcomeani: Well they are a couple of nice Flathead, sounds like the downrigger and rod went for a swim heh :1badmood: ! let me know the co-ordinates it might do a drift or 2 :1fishing1: . Well done on your first report lets hope there are many more.

well you should know the truth as it was you that convinced me to get it out

the space shuttle would not have made shuch a splash if was to land in the water

Edited by aussie big bob