Balmoral 8th April

KingsRule

Decent bream can sometimes be found schooled up on top of these flat rocks in the shallows at high tide, I've seen them snorkelling but never got the hooks into em.

Talk about bream!, i've been snorkeling there a few times on high tide must have been hundereds of good sized ones, but as you say, never got to hook one either.

The rocks around there always seem to hold good numbrs of baitfish, and most times when the pelagics bust up on the surface this is where they start.

Is mosman bay the place with the ferry wharf? and playground type thing?

Gday Ali,

Though i better join as i can let you guys have all the fun without me now can i.

CG been quite for me also, not even too many frigates around ( which is prob why i havent seen rob there much ...lol ) But been some very descent size bream my last 2 trips out to fill in some time.

Hope to get down there thurs and fri moning... Anyone up for a fish...?

Marcus

Morning Marcus,

lol yeah yeah, u jst wanted to see yourself in action in the background of a few pics lol :1prop:

i went there on monday, and a guy pulled up a really small frigate, round the 30cm mark. other than that, jst the regular breams that we're getting used to. Still at a loss to explain the number of trevs that we've seen.

if you're going on friday i'll see you there mate.

hey mate,

from memory, mosman bay is the inlet to the left of the light house @ cremorne point. when i say left i mean to the east. Theres a dock for boats there so i think ur talking about the same place.

Yeah thats the one, Last stop for the Mosman ferry after Cremorne point, musgrave st, and old cremorne. The park at the back of the bay is called reed park and there is a foot bridge over the park that you used to be able to swing from on a rope swing before it was taken down because it was to dangerous for the "Nanny State" we live in. Where Mosman Rowers club, Mosman wharf, Mosman sailing club and Mosman Bay Sea scouts are. Its not an inspiring looking piece of water but can fish surprisingly well, I grew up quite nearby (5min walk) and used to fish there alot so caught quite a few fish there. There are many other bays in the harbour that probably fish as well or better but there and balmoral are the spots I know best as I fished them the most (especially Mosman Bay). There is a foot track that goes right around to cremorne point and beyond but I always found the best fishing right at the back of the bay or around the rocks near the yaht (spelling??) squandron slipway past old cremorne wharf (towards cremorne point). Biggest fish I caught in the bay was my biggest ever flattie (93cm) which came out of the back of the bay when it nailed a chopper tailor that had grabbed my lure and somehow found the hooks. It might still be swimming around there somewhere.

col.

Edited by wrasseman

Wow thats a BIG flattie :yahoo::thumbup:

Its also only about 5 minutes from my house, so might have to give it a go. :biggrin2:

I fish cremorne point quite a bit , havn't really seen any action this year at all :thumbdown:

Last year i lost a couple of kingies and saw few school's of frigates :wacko:

Good spot for bream though