Balmoral 8th April

KingsRule

Hey Kingsrule,

Nice salmon! Do you eat the salmon?

I use em for bait and feeding my kids cats. I skin, bone and cube the meat.

When i come home from fishing the cats are straight onto me for a feed. I caught a jewie off the beach a couple of months ago on a salmon strip. Jewie went 8kg.

Cheers

What setup did you get him on? One of your lighter combo's me is a thinking,,, :1prop:

As for the frigates, that would have been a tease,,,, I know you have a fetish for them :biggrin2::1prop:

Dan (D &G)

Haha , those bloody frigates :mad3::1prop:

Yeah got him on the 'string' 6lb fireline and symetre 2500 :biggrin2:

Hey Kingsrule,

I normally release all the salmon i get (7 sofar) , unless my mate wants one.

Might keep my next one for jewie bait :biggrin2: (i wish!)

The sambo's fight great on light gear.

I forgot to add i caught him on a unweighted pilchard piece aimed at a kingy that was milling around the area.

Good job robbie,

Better then our trip out the other day hey..lol

Also my first post so gday to all the fellow fisho's

Marcus.

Marcus, well done on your first post! you heading down to cg this week? after last weeks effort I'm not sure if i'll be back for a while. tell me the kingies have returned.

Yeah robbie,

The highlight was kit trying to catch crabs on the steps of CG, but us being idiots watching...lol.

Mario, had family around bro, easter and all. Be back to normal asap. Hope to get a king or two as robbie said they are around again. Gotta get lots of fishing in b4 bubs come.

Cheers Marcus

Morning guys,

nice sambo there Rob, keep it up mate :D.

and Marcus, ur long overdue mate, welcome aboard!

how's cg fairing with you? its been a bit quiet for me, and also for Mario n Ray.

I'll catch ya around soon mate.

cheers,

ali

Gday Ali,

Though i better join as i can let you guys have all the fun without me now can i.

CG been quite for me also, not even too many frigates around ( which is prob why i havent seen rob there much ...lol ) But been some very descent size bream my last 2 trips out to fill in some time.

Hope to get down there thurs and fri moning... Anyone up for a fish...?

Marcus

Hey Kingsrule,

I use em for bait and feeding my kids cats. I skin, bone and cube the meat.

When i come home from fishing the cats are straight onto me for a feed. I caught a jewie off the beach a couple of months ago on a salmon strip. Jewie went 8kg.

Cheers

salmons are really good if you know how to cook them. curry is good but my best is a mauritian/indian style vindaloo cooked with mustard seed, tumeric, garlic and onions

cheers

bert

Hey, nice salmon. Thats my old stomping ground, spent many a day flicking lures off the rocks between the island and the baths, off the drain at the island (deep channel in front but you have to steer hooked fish around a big rock, off the beach (watch out for swimmers) and wharf. The rocks in front of the drain between the island and the wharf were the standout spot though especially if you're willing to get wet getting out to the furthest ones. Decent bream can sometimes be found schooled up on top of these flat rocks in the shallows at high tide, I've seen them snorkelling but never got the hooks into em. Also pulled lure eating bream from the reefy corner at the island and there's a big rocky dropoff about halfway between the island drain and the beach which you can wade to at low tide if you pick your path carefully, another good spot. Those frigates certainly are frustrating, but fun when you hook em. They also like to cruise around at mosman bay on the other side where they push bait against the wall and then fly through at a million miles an hour, hard to get a lure in front of but if you can get one in front of them and heading in the same direction but faster than they're swimming, youve got a real good chance. A sitting fly (whitebait pattern) was another option that I found drew strikes too and I'm sure SPs would work but the problem is the fish then take off and almost have to take you through the marina as its their only way out so landing them on light gear is a problem.

col.