Easter Sunday Entertainment - Bream!

sebastian

So its easter sunday, me and sis's bf went down to kiribilli to try catch something (anything) and alas after an hour we came home empty handed.

we did family lunch at about 3pm, then decided we'd all go for a family fish to a new spot (mosman bay) and by this stage im kinda pissed off, cause im the one with ANY skill at fishing, re; knots, casting, hooking up bait etc, so if anything doesnt go to plan, im there fixing it strait away. unfortunately this made me as pissed off as i was, cause i spent almost the whole time fixing other ppl's problems, and not being able to fish.

so we were there for about an hour and a half, its almost dark, we're about to leave, and ive set my rod up with some squid on the railing (not to mention its been raining on and off ALL day and we got soaked only 20 minutes earlier)

and literallly 2 minutes before we pack up and head home, zzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ and something takes line, and lots of it! so i run over,grab it, and tighten the drag a bit and the fun starts. after about a minute i get it in close to shore and its a big black bream!!!!!!!!

finally get it on land, and when we got it home it measured up 37cm, and weighed in at just under 2pound (after it had been gutted and scaled). i think it came to 870grams, with no guts/gills/scales etc, so im sure with all the above it would have pushed onto 1kg :D:D

i have the pics to prove it, just a bit late ATM, will post tomorrow. Completely stoked, it was landbased, in the harbour, frozen bait, a new spot..... couldnt have made me happier. I wanna go there tomorrow now :D

-seb

top work mate 870grams for a bream is a good fish,

it would of been the kilo for sure. nice little feed in it to.

good to see your help with every1 else paid off for you

in the end and you bagged a fish. neway good work mate

would love to see the pic aswell.

regards mark

Now that's what I want to see around more often! Not these really small Bream and Snapper which nnibble at your prawns.. then when caught people take home for some reason instead of throwing them back :S... stupid...

But nice catch there mate, congrats :thumbup:

Shant

Good work on the bream there Sebastian - the one last cast tends to bring the biggest surprise and makes the whole day worthwile doesn't it? I reckon it's your good karma for helping the others out coming good at the end of the day ....

thank you all for your kind words! went back there fri morning about 10am, sat around and did the same.... cast and leave it sitting there...... about 4X 10-20cm snapper, a 26cm bream, and an hour and a half later..... :1prop::1prop::1prop:

image416ka4.jpg

woohooooo! sitting around again and then.... zzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZz..... i jumped up, tightened the drag a bit, started to reel in... and ive been busted off, cause there's NO weight in the line.... so i keep retreiving and a rapid pace.... then theres a little bit of wieght..... then nothing again...... so i retrieve it more and still nothing.... then what to u know, my line thats going into the water all of a sudden tightens riught up, and the fish is swimming STRAIT towards me!!!!1 lol finally i land him, 33cm he went. in the fridge awaiting for a lovely meal.

and tonight we went squidding..... my first time ever, and below is the result :D:biggrin2:

image419mq7.jpg

to give u an idea of the size, that in the background is a standard pair of tongs. i was SO excitind about catching the squid!!!! we're using it as bait tomorrow morning. cant wait!!!!!!!!

hopefully i'll have yet another fishing report tomorrow arvo, full of fishy goodness.... :thumbup:

Edited by sebastian

thank you all for your kind words! went back there fri morning about 10am, sat around and did the same.... cast and leave it sitting there...... about 4X 10-20cm snapper, a 26cm bream, and an hour and a half later..... :1prop::1prop::1prop:

image416ka4.jpg

woohooooo! sitting around again and then.... zzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZz..... i jumped up, tightened the drag a bit, started to reel in... and ive been busted off, cause there's NO weight in the line.... so i keep retreiving and a rapid pace.... then theres a little bit of wieght..... then nothing again...... so i retrieve it more and still nothing.... then what to u know, my line thats going into the water all of a sudden tightens riught up, and the fish is swimming STRAIT towards me!!!!1 lol finally i land him, 33cm he went. in the fridge awaiting for a lovely meal.

and tonight we went squidding..... my first time ever, and below is the result :D:biggrin2:

image419mq7.jpg

to give u an idea of the size, that in the background is a standard pair of tongs. i was SO excitind about catching the squid!!!! we're using it as bait tomorrow morning. cant wait!!!!!!!!

hopefully i'll have yet another fishing report tomorrow arvo, full of fishy goodness.... :thumbup:

you didnt load the squid pic properly