Quick Question About Metals..

Davy

just wondering how you guys tie on your'e metals? ive been tying them with a normal blood knot, but i tried using a loop knot the other day and found that the metal swims rather erratically and all over the place, i was just wondering which knot would most suit these metals? or should i just attach a split ring..im speaking specifically about the gillies baitfish that doesnt come with a split ring as such... cheers

Davy

Edited by Davy

hi there split rings would be the best although i have never used the ring i always just use the loop not so that i can change lures quickly for some odd reason.I do experience that my halco swims like a headless chook going in circles, but belive it or not i caught a 3kilo salmon in botany bay and 2kingfish in sydney harbour with this lure swimming stupid and these fish where all one the first cast staight in a feeding frenzy. So i dont think it has much affect to the fish it actaully acts like a dangered whitebiat in my case its been the only lure that work on the kingfish as they would just look at a gold halco of the same size my brother was using

cheers

How do you mean eratically?

I use the Gillies Baitfish lure and it swims fine. Maybe you're not reeling in fast enough mate, make sure you're getting some decent speed upon the lure otherwise the fish won't go for it.

I use a 6-7 turn Uni Knot, it says 4 on the internet but they fail at 50% the strain for me.

yea got mixed up, ive always been using the trilene knots as mentioned on this site. i duno if it makes a diff action between that and the uni knot.

i mean erratically, as it swims quite awkwardly, but it does resemble a panicky baitfish as sambo mentioned, so i might keep giving it a go.

Cheers guys

yea got mixed up, ive always been using the trilene knots as mentioned on this site. i duno if it makes a diff action between that and the uni knot.

i mean erratically, as it swims quite awkwardly, but it does resemble a panicky baitfish as sambo mentioned, so i might keep giving it a go.

Cheers guys

My action on the Gillies baitfish is that of spinning, if you reel in slower it moves from left to right and up and down more.

The loop knot was meant to create more action in the lure, i use the loop knot for all my lure fishing.

My fav lure a gillies mullet profile i was using last trip on botany i went to cast and forgot to take the bail arm off BANG lure hits baitboard and now the lure has a 90 degree bend in it, i tried to straighten it but now the lure has a exrtremely eratic movment in it.

cheers james

The loop knot was meant to create more action in the lure, i use the loop knot for all my lure fishing.

My fav lure a gillies mullet profile i was using last trip on botany i went to cast and forgot to take the bail arm off BANG lure hits baitboard and now the lure has a 90 degree bend in it, i tried to straighten it but now the lure has a exrtremely eratic movment in it.

cheers james

:Funny-Post::074:

abit like the time i almost ripped your hardtop off ay?

went for a huge cast and the trebles grabed the hard top..nearly snapped my rod, nearly broke the roof, nearly took my eye out and nearly sliced my finger (i was using braid and it gave me a good slice from my finger)

:Funny-Post::074:

abit like the time i almost ripped your hardtop off ay?

went for a huge cast and the trebles grabed the hard top..nearly snapped my rod, nearly broke the roof, nearly took my eye out and nearly sliced my finger (i was using braid and it gave me a good slice from my finger)

You should try the Gamakatsu Single Lure Hook's. I've only lost 1 strike and the hooks certainly hold the fish well.

Also, the lure works much better with the single hook in it. The treble adds to the drag on the tail and takes the movement away from it.

You should try the Gamakatsu Single Lure Hook's. I've only lost 1 strike and the hooks certainly hold the fish well.

Good to hear this as I've just changed most of my favourite hardbodies to these hooks!

Getting trebles out of the landing net whilst trying to release a fish was definitely getting a little old so I thought I'd give these a try...not to mention getting them out of fish and the unecessary harm it does to them.

Mike

Edited by Little_Flatty