Botany 9/4

wildfish

took my neighbour out today,

botany at sun up, went to moulinex just inside quiet little bay & tried for some yakkas for about 10min couldnt burley any up.

heard on the radio on the way there was a comp on the week end and many kings around 6kg caught trolling lures around the runways so i had a go trolled from moulinex down to bottom of runways turned and came back nothing, so headed for the north head, just pased runway and zzzzzzz zzzzzzz zzzzzz picked up the rod and this thing was screamin off, tightened up drag still had him strike nothing :ranting2: .

looped around foranother try, got a bit further zzzzzz zzzzzzz zzzzz big run again, strike nothing think too small a hook or need to troll with higher drag setting, was using small xmas tree. i know what ill be doing next week end!!

up to troll around heads nth caught 2 bonnies and a frigate.

came back to the bay tried oil warf for picking pinkies!

headed for bare island i got a rock cod and my neighbour got?(pic). twice hooked something heavy may have been weed but could just slowly pull line then release? dont know.

then back to oil warf to feed the young squire population!!

oh yeah, seen my 1st shark in the ocean today bout 1 1/2m from the boat, about 1m long!

post-3094-1176109581_thumb.jpg

post-3094-1176109608_thumb.jpg

Edited by wildfish

took my neighbour out today,

botany at sun up, went to moulinex just inside quiet little bay & tried for some yakkas for about 10min couldnt burley any up.

heard on the radio on the way there was a comp on the week end and many kings around 6kg caught trolling lures around the runways so i had a go trolled from moulinex down to bottom of runways turned and came back nothing, so headed for the north head, just pased runway and zzzzzzz zzzzzzz zzzzzz picked up the rod and this thing was screamin off, tightened up drag still had him strike nothing :ranting2: .

looped around foranother try, got a bit further zzzzzz zzzzzzz zzzzz big run again, strike nothing think too small a hook or need to troll with higher drag setting, was using small xmas tree. i know what ill be doing next week end!!

up to troll around heads nth caught 2 bonnies and a frigate.

came back to the bay tried oil warf for picking pinkies!

headed for bare island i got a rock cod and my neighbour got?(pic). twice hooked something heavy may have been weed but could just slowly pull line then release? dont know.

then back to oil warf to feed the young squire population!!

Sounds like your neihbour had a squid or a occy on mate

Bad luck on the missed opportunities at the runways,at least

u took some fish home,

Around that spot where ur mate was hooking up,we had a similar

occurence,and on about the 4th hook up and a long slow fight,and

sometimes thinking we had a snag we ended up getting a 6.5kg Cuttlefish,

thats wat may have been toying with u guys.

penguin