Friday Arvo On The Shoalhaven(now With Pics}

post-62-1176288857_thumb.jpg

Fished the Shoalhaven river on friday arvo with mate Nick(scales) trying for the treble of bream bass and ep

Fished gulp 2in shrimp along rock walls and managed to get 9 eps a couple of bream 1 bass choppers and a lone flattie

Unfortunately I didnt get the treble but Nick did

Best fish of the day was a 35cm ep

Will post pics when Nick sends them to me

Edited by The Iceman

Nice session Iceman.

I hit the Shoalhaven on Friday morning and dodging the wind and rain ended up with 1x 33cm Bream, 1x 45cm Lizard and 1x 38cm Lizard.

Got back to a quite little ramp off Broughton Creek and as we packed up the boat we were confronted by Fisheries who asked to see our catch and licenses.

I have held 3x 1 year licenses and this current one was renewed Thursday night @ 7pm ready for the Friday morning session and this was the first time me and my old man had ever came across fisheries.

Nice session Iceman.

I hit the Shoalhaven on Friday morning and dodging the wind and rain ended up with 1x 33cm Bream, 1x 45cm Lizard and 1x 38cm Lizard.

Got back to a quite little ramp off Broughton Creek and as we packed up the boat we were confronted by Fisheries who asked to see our catch and licenses.

I have held 3x 1 year licenses and this current one was renewed Thursday night @ 7pm ready for the Friday morning session and this was the first time me and my old man had ever came across fisheries.

Funny the last time I was down that way fisheries were at the same ramp. Never seen them out the front two ramps though.

Dave

Now is the right time of year to be chasing the treble.

Well done anyway :thumbup:

Can you actually catch all three at the same spot in the river or do you usually need to go upstream into the brackish water for the bass?

Cheers

BM

You can catch all three from around the same area at the moment as well as flatties and tailor The recent rains have congregated the fish

I will not say which specific areas or Ill be shot

They go ok similar to a bass but I reckon a 35cm EP pulls harder than a 35cm bass IMO

I reckon a bass feels more powerful and takes longer to land, but the EP's seem a lot faster and take more drag on that first run, but then seems to come in easier.. just my opinion though :1prop:

Top fish all round and a nice treble!