Botany Bay

frankp

decided to go for a fish today with my brother and his mate wayne.

the plan was to head was to pick up some livies and head to the peak and hopefully score ourselves some decent kingies. dropped the boat at kymeegh at 4.3o and headed to our favourite livie spot, within an hour we had 15 yellowtail ready for some kingie action. we started off to the peak at first light and started looking for some sign of kingies. not much was happening but we happen to past the first bb fad. we dropped down our first livie and we were on to a decent dollie. the action stayed consisitent for a good 3 hours with multiple hook ups the norm. after catching what we needed we decided to head back into the bay and see if we could hook up to some kingies along molineaux since we had a few yakka's left.

with our first pass on the downrigger we hooked onto a 64cm and on our second pass a healthy salmon which we released. great day on the water and good to see the dollies make a very, very welcome appearance.

just finished off a dollie bbq, was sensational :beersmile::thumbup:

post-2379-1176118268_thumb.jpg

post-2379-1176118368_thumb.jpg

Edited by frankp

yeah thanks

i bagged my firstt dollie today also.

man do they fight hard, i was finding it hard to adjust my drag to there fight.

awesome fun though

Edited by frankp

yeah thanks

i bagged my firstt dollie today also.

man do they fight hard, i was finding it hard to adjust my drag to there fight.

awesome fun though

haha funny u say that my symetre 4000 was whistling and i kept tighting it bit by bit

and the darn things did manage to pull a decent amount of drag as i checkd

once i boated them,

all i was worried was dropping my first dollie so the 2 i got i went rather soft on hehehe

steve

They are great fun indeed, take some light gear and the are a ball!

Today i bettered my PB by landing a 71cm specimen on 6lb bream gear (2500 twinpower and Fishfinder custom rod) ! love the jumps and hard runs!

i want a 10kg BULL now like iain got a few months ago hahahahaha

geeez i ask for a LITTLE to much some times lol

i didnt want to leave today.

biggest today for us was around the 65cm mark.

we were trying to see if there were any bigger fellows out there so we were dropping our livies pretty deep, nothing much happened with that though, they were basically all caught along the surface or there abouts.