Ulladulla/burril Lake.

traysexy

Just came back from a few days down at Ulladulla and mannnn, and I disappointed:(..

Arrived on Good Friday and decided to hit Ulladulla breakwall with some livies caught on the spot..All that effort=nothing!:(... Managed to catch a few tailor using some prawns that we picked up on the way down and were rewarded with some small bream. Great on the light line that were were using the catch the livies.

Compared the previous year, when schools where comming right into the harbour and excellent results where had.

Over the next few days, we hit the local beaches and also burril lake for the odd flathead+bream and to my suprise, some Garfish also!:D-woot!

This year we decided to leave the boat at home and just go from the shore - well I decided and the rest need to follow:) - Both sets of keys in my possession;)

Just returned back to sydney a few hours ago and already planning the hit the beaches again in sydney. I find that they are more productive then down south - my opinion anyway... Also, am saving up for a new boat, but I know thats not going to last long..

Cheers,

Pete.

Edited by traysexy

Doesnt sound so bad Pete, so long as it's better than working. This boat eh, interested to see when that decides to come along...good luck with that. :beersmile:

Surprised you didn't take the boat out, nonetheless, sounds like a nice weekend away. top stuff sunshine :1fishing1:

Dave, I can barely remember the last time I took the boat out. I wonder if the motor still cranks or still has half the georges river in the water inlet? Most likely still has the tackle box spread open around the floor and that fish smell that will stay with it till it's departing.

It was good while it lasted mate. Gave me soemthing to do doing it up and that, now it' time for something bigger and most certinally better:D

pete:)

I was down there as well Pete (see my Bawley Point report) and would agree that the fishing was tough compared to last year. We did, however, manage to pull a reasonable haul of whiting off the beach on Sunday using live beach worms.

As for the Sydney beaches being more productive . . . . hmmmmmm . . . dunno if I agree!

Sydney beaches being the ones that I have been to Mondo. Only a few which I found that Cronulla wasn't too bad the times I have been. South cronulla that is and only early morning to beat everyone. Generally arrive there at about 4am, and leave 10ish.

Never fished off Manly if yourself or anyone has any thoughts about that one?..

pete

I'm based in the Eastern Suburbs and have had some reasonable success off Coogee and Maroubra. Whiting, flatties, salmon and tailor have all been dragged up the sand at one time or another - sometimes in reasonable quantities.

Excellent stuff Mondo. Shall have to check those out within the next week. Have one more week holidays before I head back to work, so should have time to head to either one of those and check out the action. And definately another trip to coal cliff. That seems to be my place to visit for some beach action:) A bit of a drive, but worth it I think..

Thanks buddy,

Pete:)

Pete,

I was down with my family the week before Easter and had a different experience - maybe because we did not know what to expect there - ended up having a great time mainly at Lake Burrill. Must try the beaches next time. Heard of reports from locals of monster whiting off the beach on worms and big tailor in Ulladulla harbour in the early morning.

Will post a seperate report of my trip down there.

Hope you have better luck on our local beaches. Will look out for your report.

It was good while it lasted mate. Gave me soemthing to do doing it up and that, now it' time for something bigger and most certinally better:D

pete:)

what are u thinking mate, a BC or what?

when u do get it, don't forget me when u need the anchor puller (deckie :1prop: )