E Tech Installer

Guest lets go fishn

Guest lets go fishn

Hi guys can any one reconmmend through experience

installers of the Etech outboard motors.

My preferred installer is Blakes Marine

Any comments would be appreceiated :thumbup:

Blakes put a 75 e-tec on my haines 445 C a couple of weeks ago. I'm very fussy. They did a very tidy job & it was done when they said it would be. They had the boat for 3 days. They were cheaper than any one else. I bought the motor off them $10,800 fitted. This included gauges & water filter. They were a pleasure to deal with.

Blakes put a 75 e-tec on my haines 445 C a couple of weeks ago. I'm very fussy. They did a very tidy job & it was done when they said it would be. They had the boat for 3 days. They were cheaper than any one else. I bought the motor off them $10,800 fitted. This included gauges & water filter. They were a pleasure to deal with.

BLAKES MARINE!!! You've gotta be kidding. They are the most unprofessional mob I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with. I would not recommend them to my worst enemy.

Please do yourself a favour and read the following thread from start to finish and make your own mind up.

http://www.fishraider.com.au/Invision/inde...showtopic=18657

Last week I got a after sales questionaire from Yamaha Australia asking what level of service & etc I got from Blakes marine, being the Yamaha dealer who sold me my motor. Well didn't I give them a spray! I would not go back to Blakes to buy a litre of oil, let alone make a real investment. Take ya business else where...that's my advice.

Edited by njsconst

Guest lets go fishn

BLAKES MARINE!!! You've gotta be kidding. They are the most unprofessional mob I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with. I would not recommend them to my worst enemy.

Please do yourself a favour and read the following thread from start to finish and make your own mind up.

http://www.fishraider.com.au/Invision/inde...showtopic=18657

Last week I got a after sales questionaire from Yamaha Australia asking what level of service & etc I got from Blakes marine, being the Yamaha dealer who sold me my motor. Well didn't I give them a spray! I would not go back to Blakes to buy a litre of oil, let alone make a real investment. Take ya business else where...that's my advice.

It sounds like you hard a hard time with them.

Are you still happy with the performanceof your new motor..

You should get a reply from your questionare

Did you by chance contact a Yami rep and tell them the situation and about the bad service you received.

Lets Go,

Yes I am very happy with my Yamaha, but that has nothing to do with Blakes Marine. I give that credit to Yamaha Australia.

I haven't been contacted by the Yamaha Rep as yet. But I am expecting him to call me in the very near future.

Good luck with your hunt for a new engine. I just finished doing the same thing.

Guest lets go fishn

Lets Go,

Yes I am very happy with my Yamaha, but that has nothing to do with Blakes Marine. I give that credit to Yamaha Australia.

I haven't been contacted by the Yamaha Rep as yet. But I am expecting him to call me in the very near future.

Good luck with your hunt for a new engine. I just finished doing the same thing.

njsconst,

I think they must of stuff up the the price so they gave you very low priority.Still thats no excuse.

Just curious, but did you go and see the guys at Boaters World Anthony and Phil are only Yam dealers

and if you did how much differance was there.

cheers

There is another E-Tech dealer at Cowan, can't remember the name but have heard good reports.

I think it's something like Huey's......

I think that is Hewitt Marine you are talking about, not sure what they sell or how well they do it..

Cheers.

Robbie.

• 2 weeks later...

Free DVD on the Etec ? Would love to get a copy of that!! I take possesion of my new 75HP Etec on Tuesday , got a great deal $9500 fitted .

Ross

That's $1300 less than I paid when I did my deal back in november. They're a great motor, you'll love it. On friday morning I filled up at the mariner at brooklyn & cruised down to windsor. 3500rpm, 42kph & 108 km later, I filled it up at windsor. It took 29.5 litres of fuel. That's on the back of a 4.45 metre haines half cab. They're a good thing.