Excessive Fishing Gear

Guest Boppa

When my son was quite young and learning to fish, he said to me one day "Dad, when you die, will I get all your fishing gear"? That was a pretty fair question to ask, given that I still have gear that my grandfather, father and uncle used! Let's face it, how could you possibly throw out stuff such as a magnificent timber case containing pewter hook and sinker containers, each individually inscribed with the contents, plus a separate section for turned cork handlines! My grandfather's old cane basket still performs great service as a means of carrying the cat to the vet. It must have so many fishy smells still in it that the cat actually jumps into it of its own accord, rather than having to be chased.

Now my son, nearly 2 metres tall, has gear that is better than mine and he uses it to better effect that I do.

The accumulation and upkeep of fishing gear is part of the fun of fishing, and long shall it remain so.

:1fishing1: I probably have about 15 to 20 rods of varying descriptions from beach to light spin but really only use 3 or 4 of these regularly. when it comes to lures i must admit to being a bit of a collector and find it very hard to walk out of a tackle shop without buying something.after all lures were designed to catch fisherman first TROUTBOY :05: