Lake Burrill Pre-easter

pmak

Went south to Lake Burrill before Easter with the family and stayed at The Old Boathouse close to the Lake itself. The place was great and the fishing even better. There are three fishing platforms on the south eastern side of the lake to fish off. We ended up with lots of leatherjackets to keep and lots of throwback bream and tarwhine to keep the kids interested.

I was rewarded with a 28cm bream on a 2inch Gulp grub in pumpkinseed. Was lucky with the Gulp grub as subsequent casts resulted in lost grubs - leatheries at work. Switched to hardbodied lures and got my first legal tailor :thumbup: Even caught leatherjacket on the hardbody.

post-3388-1176287417_thumb.jpg

We had fresh fish for dinner every night. Trevally showed up on our last day there and my no. 1 son landed a healthy 28cm one within minutes of another party catching a 38cm one on the next fishing platform. Turns out the next party were allergic to fish and gave us their catch, proudly held up by my youngest in the photo.

post-3388-1176287291_thumb.jpg

post-3388-1176287353_thumb.jpg

We were surprised at the presence of leatherjacket in a closed lake system - the local bait shop owner reckons they must have entered when the lake was open and then thrived. They had just opened the lake up when we were there - the place used to stink with the still water but was fine when we were there.

Lake Burrill - kid's favourite holiday place now.

Mate, I just took a look at your two beautiful kids with their fish , and i'm afraid to say..... That they are saying to you.......Dads a shithouse fisherman, look what we pulled in !!!!!

Now, I know you must be angry, but take a good look, you even baited up for them didn't you??? :074::074:

It sounds as though you and the family had a great time.

Well done! :thumbup:

Cheers!

Mate, I just took a look at your two beautiful kids with their fish , and i'm afraid to say..... That they are saying to you.......Dads a shithouse fisherman, look what we pulled in !!!!!

Now, I know you must be angry, but take a good look, you even baited up for them didn't you??? :074::074:

It sounds as though you and the family had a great time.

Well done! :thumbup:

Whoops, on looking again, mabe you had 3 little terrors running around. Okay., mabe I should suggest the Victoria Cross.............................. No , mabe next report

Cheers!

Stumpy,

You're quite right - the kids are better fishos. They're able to bait up and cast out on their own. They catch their own stuff!

Here's the youngest in action ...

post-3388-1176332875_thumb.jpg

Of course you know , you are heading into very dangerous territory here Pmak , soon it will be " Dad , I just gotta have a new Shimano rod and reel" , and " Dad , we REEEEELY need to get a boat!". :074:

Great to see you having such a great time with the family , well done on the catch as well !!

Ross