No Fish In Old Bar

OWZAT

G`day Fellas ,

Local Legend Lawrie Pukullas , nailed these two medium size Jews this morning in the early hours just before dawn.

You might recall , that Lozza has a slight knack of catching large tailor as well , with his last noteable effort going 20.5 pounds.

For the record , these two Jews Went 110 & 106 Cms respectively , and the Larger of the two , actually Straightened a 7/0 hook , which somehow incredibly held till he beached it .

Lozza , after having a short "Poppy Nap" , might post his story of the night when he gets some time .

Can`t believe that hook , almost 180 degrees.

Mick

G`day Fellas ,

Local Legend Lawrie Pukullas , nailed these two medium size Jews this morning in the early hours just before dawn.

You might recall , that Lozza has a slight knack of catching large tailor as well , with his last noteable effort going 20.5 pounds.

For the record , these two Jews Went 110 & 106 Cms respectively , and the Larger of the two , actually Straightened a 7/0 hook , which somehow incredibly held till he beached it .

Lozza , after having a short "Poppy Nap" , might post his story of the night when he gets some time .

Can`t believe that hook , almost 180 degrees.

Mick

Nice one Mick !!! Can you confirm the bait used for these two beauties??

yeah mate.

hows ur tumra? lol. champ i got the mullet waiting in a live bait tank..im feeding em everyday making sure theyre big and fat ready for the jewies.

now all we gota pray is that the cars fuel pump is in working order this weekend!

G`day Fellas ,

Next time Lawrie goes worming , he said he would take A pic of How he loads his worms ,and then post it here for you to see.

It`s all pretty basic stuff though , big baits catch big Fish.

Mick

I fished a lot on Manning Point Beach for about 30 years and worms were the only bait we ever used for jew.

We did not make a ball on the hook but used full worms by putting the hook in behind the head and threading the worm up over the eye of the hook and then about 6 inches up the line. The rest of the worm would get looped and the hook passed through the body several times. Leave a tail about 2-3 inches.

Experience tells me this works best at the end of as southerly blow just as the swell begins to drop enough to fish. Lots of things get washed out of the sand during a southerly.

Cheers

Kingpig

The answer is you can't. But if you are fishing heavy enough for a jew then you tend not to get to many bites from bream or whiting. You need to check the bait regularly and be prepared to use lots of worms. Crabs are the worst you cannot feel them you just find you bait munched.

Mate, great pics of some brilliant jews :1yikes:

One question???? , what type of flathead is that on the right hand side of those two Jewwies? :074::074:

Cant wait to meet him later on! I'll be running faster than a shimano with Moby Dick hooked up!!! :074::074:

G`day Fellas ,

Kingpig , like most of us , and Lawrie as well , prefer whats comonly known as the "Colonoscopy" Rig.

And thats where you slide a large fat worm well up the line past the Hook , and after a couple of loops , you pass the hook through the Body , and preferably leaving a tail approximately 10cms long.

My Lil Fella does it slightly different , and although he threads a worm well up the line ( sometimes as much as 15/20 cms ) he then loops the rest of that worm and passes the hook through it`s head .

Then he loops another worm or two down the Long Shank (9/0) hook passing the point through it a few times , making it look so inviting , fair dinkum , it takes all my self control not to "chomp" on it myself .

But having said all of the Above , you now must be prepared to spend long hours chasing your Quarry , on average I would say at least 4 hours is the Norm.

That of course does not include the time spent surveying the area you intend to fish that night or the next .

Mick

Thanks for the report Mick, haven't seen anything from you or your friends for a while. How's your son been doing?

Cheers

Evil

He`s been too busy of late , but I`m sure he will feature pretty soon!!.

Mick

Edited by OWZAT

I'd love to see a picture of a baited worm using either Lawrie or your son's technique Mick - I've been attempting to imitate it for some time now based on the descriptions I've read in here and have had some success (I caught an enormous whiting and quite a few salmon and flatties), but no luck yet on the jews. I wonder if I'm getting it right.

It's also taken me some time to find a hook that is suitable for this method, as my normal 7/0 jewie hooks are far too thick to thread worms onto - and impossible to thread them up the line as the eye of the hook is too big. Tony from Fishfinder helped me out with some oversized japanese worm hooks now and I'm hopefull . . .