The Week That Was... Port Hacking

ETTY

Hey All,

Been fishing the Hacking all week since Monday!!! :1fishing1:

Used the brand new Baitrunner 3500 this week for the first time.

First cast after it was set up, I hooked up straightaway with a jeuvenille bream!!! Good Signs eh???!!!

Manage to hook up with several other just under legal size whiting & flathead off the beach at Bonnievale on Monday.

Went out for a cruise in the boat Wednesday and fished Lilli Pilli sand flats with no luck but heaps of bites. Headed to Yowie Bay to drift up the middle where I hooked up 2 Snapper just under or on legal size.

Rest of the day had countless bites but no luck at SW Arm and Bundeena!

Thursday, met up with a mate and headed straight to Sout West Arm Enterance. After about 10 mins I hooked up with a 20cm Leather Jacket. Couldn't believe it because usually when we fish together it's tradition that we catch nothin"!!!! :05:

Inspired by the catch I quickly hooked up with a similar sized Snapper!!! Again baffled, soon after hooking up with another Leatherie!!!

Again we eneded the day using a majority of bait on bites of small fish.

To all those people who fear for fish numbers in the future let this be a reassurance that there are plenty of bloody jeuveniles out there as I have now met and/or fed and/or seen most of them!!!!

Although no huge breakthroughs in the past week it has been great out on the water. Perfect conditions to rip around the bays in the boat without the fear of hitting any chop or ripple!!!

Planning to head into Bate Bay early next week to try out the chrissy trees!!!

Have a good one!

Elliot