Soft Plastics In The Basin

post-62-1176718125_thumb.jpg

After fishing the poppers I decided to throw some SPs around for some bream flatties and anything else that wanted to jump on there have been some good legal reddies being caught in the basin Started throwing some zoom tiny flukes in baby bass around bait schools I found in 14ft on the sounder with some bigger blotches hanging around First cast got a flattie then the next couple of casts had hits which resulted in lost jigs now I knew what the blotches were tailor again A move was in order so off to some shellfish beds in 8-10ft of water and a change of sp to camo worms this resulted in several whiting small reddies small tarwhine some nice bream best of 36cm and a nice flattie of 56cm also used a gulp shrimp for a while which caught a few small flatties and another nice bream This was all on saturday also fished sunday but it was very quiet even for the locals I spoke to only caught a couple of small flatties and whiting

post-62-1176718416_thumb.jpg

post-62-1176718501_thumb.jpg

post-62-1176718589_thumb.jpg

post-62-1176718664_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Iceman

Hey Iceman - have you heard much about the new artificial reefs that they are putting into the basin?

They should produce some awesome fishing once established. Particularly given that St George's basin is a pretty awesome fishery to begin with.

Hey Iceman - have you heard much about the new artificial reefs that they are putting into the basin?

They should produce some awesome fishing once established. Particularly given that St George's basin is a pretty awesome fishery to begin with.

I dont know if they are in yet Ill see if I can find out