Putney & Ic Tuesday

Went out today with 1975 (Billy) for an early morning flick.

Kicked off at 5.30 am Putney for ½ an hour of fishing in the dark. (Forgot there is not much street lighting down there). 1 x flatty & 1 x bream out of there.

Bit slow, so we moved to Putney Park for ¾ of an hour of casting practice and bugger all else.

Back in the car and took off to IC hoping the fishing was a bit better there.

Fortunately it was, managed to pull a dozen or so fish out of their between us. Some nice Bream about 7 or 8 (best I think was about 34 cm but did not measure all), plus a few whiting to about 35 ish and the usual flat friends (to about 50cm) rounded out the rest of the morning.

Most fish taken on Gulp sandworms and turtlebacks which were cut to various sizes in order to make em last a bit longer.

Forgot to mention finished with a good Bream on the last cast before leaving for home, just love it when then happens !

Good company, good fishing , and a midweek day off , does it get better than ??

John

John you are most kind to say the fish were caught between us cause you did most of the catching while i did a lot of loking at you catching. Still can't get over the size of the whiting you caught, they where thicker than your wrist, would have made a great meal if caught anywhere else. Thanks again for the great mornings fishing- go the camo worms!

Billy

Good job guys,

am planning on returning to the IC, after constant disappointment around drummoyne

I imagine you were on very light jig heads

Its easy enough to bum out at IC as well (I have heaps of times). IMO stick to a couple of hours around high tide when it coincides with dawn or dusk and you should be in with a chance.

Yes light jig heads (or resin heads) when fishing over rocky/snaggy zones are the go. Max about 1/32oz unless you need the weight to get your plastic out to deeper water. Never hurts to prospect out a bit further if you are not getting hits in close.

The gulp worms seem to suit the light jig head / shallow water fishing, in particular in the Parra river where the highly scented worms seem to the attract bream (and unfortunately less desirable fish) where they may not have the visual connection to the lure due to water clarity issues.

Good luck on your next visit.

John

John you are most kind to say the fish were caught between us cause you did most of the catching while i did a lot of loking at you catching. Still can't get over the size of the whiting you caught, they where thicker than your wrist, would have made a great meal if caught anywhere else. Thanks again for the great mornings fishing- go the camo worms!

Billy

Billy - Just a bit lucky on the day I think, and I had the advantage of being on familiar ground. Enjoyed the morning session very much and hope to catch up for another one in the near future.

A happy whiting pic

post-99-1176895137_thumb.jpg

John

Edited by Blood Knot