Middle Harbour 18/04/07

Davy

Had recently fixed up an old school daiwa reel i found lying around, so went down to spot X(mate told me not to tell anyone!) for quick session this morning,

got there about 7am, high tide. water was perfect for casting SPs so gave that a go to no avail, only a couple of undersize bream. about 8am saw a SWARM of poddy mullet, followed by HUGE other poddies :1yikes: im talking 30cm+ no joke, havnt seen them that big in the harbour before.. threw out some unweighted bread and hooked on to a couple only to jerk the bait right out of their mouths. hook too big im guessing. managed a couple poddies, which were still too big for livies, let them go but threw one out as a livie anyways. this was on bream gear by the way :biggrin2: a couple minutes later fiddling with the tackle box, i look up to see a nice bend in my rod, no scratch that, a heartpumping bend in my rod, taking line by the second, there was no way i could stop this mother on bream gear..the drag was doing its thing while i tried to control whatever it was. violent headshakes and long runs was what this fish as all about..it gave one last long run before ...PING! gone, along with a couple yards of line :ranting2::ranting2: had no idea what the heck it was.

switched to a good old weighted peeled prawn before leaving and cast it straight into the channel. after going through a couple baits from pickers, i get a sudden jerk and im on! :thumbup: with the new drag singing beautifully and a couple of good runs out comes a nice trev of 39cm! :biggrin2: overall good day, shame about losing fish but got the heart pumping, loved it!

Cheers

Davy

PS sorry bout the pic quality, getting a new phone with better camera soon! :yahoo:

post-1543-1176883389_thumb.jpg

post-1543-1176883401_thumb.jpg

post-1543-1176883410_thumb.jpg

Davy if that was the Mullet you put out as a livie

I can understand the bream gear going ping

It looks about 6" (15cm) and is just a nice size

to have drifting out the back

Always a good idea to have a bigger rod with you

if you get the oppitunity to float a livie, if you don't get

to use it nothing lost but if you have a prime live

bait to play with it may be the winning hand :1clap:

Nice Trev you picked up :thumbup:

Chris

Davy if that was the Mullet you put out as a livie

I can understand the bream gear going ping

It looks about 6" (15cm) and is just a nice size

to have drifting out the back

Always a good idea to have a bigger rod with you

if you get the oppitunity to float a livie, if you don't get

to use it nothing lost but if you have a prime live

bait to play with it may be the winning hand :1clap:

Nice Trev you picked up :thumbup:

Chris

lol yea i couldnt cast it as far as id hoped coz it felt so heavy on such a light rod :1prop:

the whole session was just to try out the reel on the resident bream! but when i hooked a couple of small mullet and caught sight of the bigger poddies, couldnt help myself :biggrin2:

Cheers

Davy