Nepean Bass'n With The Kids

mottyman

Hi Guys and Girls,

I watched as the boat left the driveway today and with great sadness actually gave it a little "wave"....

What was I going to do now? GO BASS'N WITH THE KIDS OF COURSE!!!!!

So, we chucked 3 rods in the car and headed for Weir Reserve.

After a few casts I came up tight on a little fighter on a Betts Spin with a 2 inch grub. A few quick picks with Em and it was back on its way to fight another day.

Stoked - one fish and the kids were wrapped.

As the sun set, we decided to move down stream under the trees towards the weir. Tied on some surface lures and of course my fav the Kokoda Bat in black.

Second cast and I had one of the best surface takes by a Bass I've ever had. The fish absolutely rocketed into the lure and there was a huge splash. The fish then took off strait for the bottom and into the weed.

I really had my work cut out for me with the fish well and truely burried in the bottom.

At this stage the kids became my own personal cheer squad running around and giving all the encouragement a dad could ever need.... :074:

After a good fight with the fish making the drag sing a couple of times we (it was a team effort at this stage) got the fish to the bank and up he came.

A quick pick and the three of us released a very healthy and very fiesty Bass.

By this time the light was almost gone, the kids were hungry so decided to head home feeling very pleased with ourselves.

The kids had a ball and of course I'm still stoked at the way that fish smacked that lure off the surface - I just love that stuff.... :yahoo:

Bass'n - OH YEAH!!!! :yahoo:

Here's some pics.

post-237-1176891502_thumb.jpg

post-237-1176892093_thumb.jpg

post-237-1176892158_thumb.jpg

Cheers

David.

Edited by mottyman

Good to see you have a succesfull little session down on the river there David. :thumbup:

That second bass looks to be a decent size.

Congrats or is it commiserations on the sale of your boat. :(

Thanks Guys... :biggrin2:

Man is was soooooo fishy down there tonight. The Barometer was on the rise and the humdity was around 70%. Just as the sun went down the place was alive with flying insects of all kinds big and small.

It was just great. The best land based session I've had so far.... :thumbup:

Cheers

David.

Nice Work there Dave,

I have not had any sucess with spinner baits as yet, i seem to get lots of hits but very few hookups. what size Betts do you use and what size jig?

Bassin is really great fun :thumbup:

Cheers

BM

G'day,

I use a fairly small blade but I can't remember what size they are as I haven't kept the packets. I use a 2gm Squidgy Ball Head Jig, size 4 hook.

Cheers

David.

glad to see the kids having such a great time

also good to know that there are still some bass around

might have to dangle a line in up that way myself

Definately Sean...

I'll be in the shop either today or tomorrow to get some stuff for Saturday so let's have a chat then.

Don't know much about the water quality but I'm sure it isn't real flash... There's not a great deal of flow and a lot of weed.

Cheers

Dave.

Top session there David, with the kids too. The area looks great for kids. Whereabouts is it if you don't mind sharing. Are bass an early morning / late evening only proposition or can I still get them during the day?

I went up to the same spot yesterday arvo with no luck, but that report makes me going back there sooner rather than later.

I have just had a report confirmed from the other end of the river, taken on Monday arvo -

Bass

Size 47cm

Weight 1.7kg

So yes they are still around, but til when