Land Based Help Bb

flukey

First I would just like to say a big hello to everyone (first post) being that Im new around here.

Been doing a bit of landbased fishing lately since Ive got a bit of time on my hands. Ive been down on the Cooks river breakwall sth (no luck) :ranting2: and at the captain cook bridge (incl the little floating wharf) which served better, especially for whiting, just got a few that were too small, plus caught for the very first time a flounder, of a good size and I was suprised at how well they fight when hooked. (A good place to take the kiddies, they would have a ball pulling in the whiting, bream and small pinkies on offer).

Anyway was planning at trying somewhere different again (maybe tomorrow as Ive been bitten by the fishing bug :1yikes: ) and since Im new to botany I was just curious to know were are some good spots, Ive heard of the the Groynes at Dolls pt and Kurnell what are they like? etc etc, when's the best time to fish the bay, incoming tide?, out going tide? dawn? etc etc . Since I live at Wolli Creek travels not a problem, any help would be appreciated :)

Just to let you know I use a 9ft rod so I can get a bit of distance on the cast :thumbup:

Thanks in advance :beersmile:

Flukey

Edited by flukey

Molenx (sp) point would be a good place to go but its a bit of a climb down by the looks of it never fished of there LB but have heard its good spot for some biggish fish. Id say float a livie under a float would be a good way to go about it or a whole pilly. Wouldn't take the kids tho might be a bit dangerouse, just find a nice flat bit of rock and access to so less snaggy area and lob the bait out as far into deeper waters as possible would do the trick, 9ft rod should get u some good distance :) Good luck and let us know how u go.

Cheers

The off the piled rocks of Kurnell Beach is producing Kingfish of late, biggens too.

Your best bet is squid (live or fresh) under a float with 15lb+ gear.

Other fish you may want to target are Frigates and Bonito, try a small 10g metal for them.

IFS

Edited by IFishSick

thx for the tips guys,

I actually went down to one of the Groynes between Ramsgate and Dolls pt at around 6:30am and fished the incoming until 10 (had things to do)

Didnt get many bites and only scored the one fish.

RobsfishingAdventures007.jpg

Also saw either a Tailor or a salmon scooting past the rocks, prob in search of bait fish, so I decided to throw my metal lure out but with no luck.

Regards

Flukey

thx for the tips guys,

I actually went down to one of the Groynes between Ramsgate and Dolls pt at around 6:30am and fished the incoming until 10 (had things to do)

Flukey

that spot, I've found best for flathead at the top of the tide to outgoing

got some nice 50 + cm models there