Rent-a-droughtbuster

mrmoshe

I'm going to start renting myself out as a droughtbuster!!! Fair dinkum!!

I looked at the BOM radar this morning and seabreeze and the radar showed just a slight drizzle around

the Northern Beaches so a session at the lake was in order.

Got all set up..fresh whitebait and some fresh h/bury prawns and went for the loooong wade out to

the main channel in the lake.

Things going OK with a couple of just under bream (returned of course) and one very nice flattie

around the 65cm mark. This bugger spat the hook just as I was scooping him up with the net :1badmood:

and off he toddled back into the briney.

Then all of a sudden...big black clouds appeared from nowhere the Heavens opened up and absolutely p*ssed down on me...Being a good 50 metres from shore and wading as fast as I could ...I got VERY wet indeed as I high tailed it for the car.

This comes on the back of the disasterous trailerboathire session on the harbour when the weather Gods really gave me a hiding.

So I reckon, if the drought affected parts on NSW need me!!..They can just call me, I'll grab my rod and gear and I think I could guarantee it to start raining as soon as I arrive. :1badmood::1badmood::1badmood:

Just got home to a nice hot shower and feel a whole lot better now.

Funny...The BOM radar is still showing no rain where I live and it's P*ssing rain outside now. Grrrr

Pete.

Edited by MallacootaPete

Sounds like you'll have to change your name to Rainman Pete :074:

Jeez Pete what have you done to deserve the rained out trips :wacko:

Better luck next time ......... BTW are you going to the Entrance social

I just want to know if I have to pack the wet weather gear :1prop:

Chris

Sounds like you'll have to change your name to Rainman Pete :074:

Jeez Pete what have you done to deserve the rained out trips :wacko:

Better luck next time ......... BTW are you going to the Entrance social

I just want to know if I have to pack the wet weather gear :1prop:

Chris

No Chris...unfortunately I won't be making the social this time around as I have ongoing medical appointments for the next month and the good doctors won't let me do the things I want to do just yet....even had to stretch it just to be able to go fishing locally.

So rest assured...it won't rain on the social as it will probably be bucketing down where I am in Sydney the whole time you fellas are having a whale of a time at the Entrance. (famous last words eh LOL)

I agree...I have had my share of rained out trips to last a lifetime of late and the name rainman might be more appropriate.

Once I am back to full on medical clearance...It can rain all it wants on me as nothing will stop me from the sport I love.

Cheers,

Pete.

:1badmood: Pete,

Make sure you stay away from the Harbour on Tuesday !!!

If you are going near the Harbour make sure it is after 2.00pm

I'm taking the :wife: on a seaplane trip around the harbour and then in one of those jet boats for our anniversary.

:074:

Cheers

Greg

Pete

Do you charge by the hour or by the inch?

We'll take 10 inches of the wet stuff here thanks mate, I'll even supply the towels to dry off after you get soaked at Burrendong.

Don't expect a long stay & warm welcome thou, as soon as you've delivered the 10 inches we'll be packing you off back home so we can do some fishing in a full dam & stay dry whilst we do. :074::074::074:

Hey Pete,

Was that you that caused the hail at Rosebay the other day?

I think your luck is as good as mine when it comes to picking the weather.

Last week Seabreeze was saying Tuesday is going to be fine, now it's down for rain :1badmood:

Hope you recover soon.

Cheers

Greg

Hey Pete,

Was that you that caused the hail at Rosebay the other day?

I think your luck is as good as mine when it comes to picking the weather.

Last week Seabreeze was saying Tuesday is going to be fine, now it's down for rain :1badmood:

Hope you recover soon.

Cheers

Greg

Yeah Greg..The Rose bay thing was probably me....it's raining at my place at present and it absolutely bucketed down most of the night here....I tell ya!! It's following me!!

Seabreeze updates regularly and it pays to keep an eye on it....lots better then BOM which updates once in a blue moon.

The rain along the coast is set to continue for the next few days so bang goes my local fishing sessions.

Maybe it's my new rod that's causing all this rain....I call it my "divining" rod now. :074:

Hope you get amongst 'em when you do venture out.

Cheers,

Pete.