Day Out With The Old Boy!

wildfish

took my old boy out today, his 1st time on the boat since last time i took him and forgot the keys! :074:

got to botany around 5am, launched and off to moulinex for some yakkas! no luck!

so we just hit it for the fad, went flat stick from moulinex to the close fad, didnt even hit a bump, the water was flat as a ice rink! :thumbup: .

1st drift, 1st cast straight away on! after a short fight tho very acrobatic one bettered last weeks and my personal best at 64cm :yahoo: .

next couple of drifts we boated another small one each, both went back. then 40min later and no one was getting a touch so every one started going their own way. i decided to go to osborn shoal.

1st my dad gets followed up by 2 large squid, then got snagged, then he says snagged again no yes no and next thing i see cuttle fish, i jump for the net saying oh great bait then turn to see its at the boat and over a meter long and squirting at me! :1yikes: . after a few steps back then back to try net him i get the net behind him and he shoots off sideways. this is when i see the it wasnt the cuttle that was hooked but the 50cm sargent baker that he just spat out with his brains sucked out! :1yikes: .

had plenty of baits swiped so i wacked on a plastic and had a crack. pulled in another sargent baker 50cm, back he went. saw a couple of snapper swim up for a sniff at the bait only to turn their noses up and swim away, so we called it a day and still the water was dead flat so back to the ramp at 100mph! :biggrin2:

ive seen some awesome stuff since i got this boat, including 1st shark then a shark leaping out of the water chasing a flying dollie last week, then a flying fish beside the boat today and 1000s of slimies cascading over the water about 40m, and that cuttle fish! awesome! :thumbup:

pic

post-3094-1177222829_thumb.jpg

post-3094-1177222928_thumb.jpg

Good fun with the old boy there Wildfish, how goods the water look in pics, definatley better then yesterday. Did the old boy sprinkle some pepper on the dollie before he took a bite out of it :biggrin2: Cheers Dave

Nice work Wildfish, sounds like you guys had a real enjoyable day fishing.

Just wondering how long it would take to get to the FAD at Osborne Shoal from Botany?

Always wanted to head out to a FAD, my mate owns a 5.25m Stacer, do you think that this would be able to handle out at the Fad's?

Edited by Deschanel

Nice work Wildfish, sounds like you guys had a real enjoyable day fishing.

Just wondering how long it would take to get to the FAD at Osborne Shoal from Botany?

Always wanted to head out to a FAD, my mate owns a 5.25m Stacer, do you think that this would be able to handle out at the Fad's?

Buddy everything is weather dependant, ive been out at Broken Bay Fad 22ks out and found 4 young blokes in a 3.8m Tinnie in less than pleasant conditions. (I Strongley disagree with even the thought of travelling out that far in such a boat) But the boat your talking about should have no problems but as stated Wind and Swell conditions need to be revised before planned outing. If conditions look worrying then head back in. The Close Fad is about 8ks off heads from Botany and the Far is around 18ks. Be Smart and Keep Safe. Cheers Dave

hey kingstilldeath! :biggrin2: , the one i caught just after that was smaller!

gday deschanel my boats only a 4.5 so ur mates will handle it a lot better than mine, pick a nice calm day and head out, has your mate got a gps? osborn shoal is a totally different spot its a small reef just off cronulla beach!

today was so calm it took me about 10min or less to get to the close fad! from botany bay.

good advice dave!

hey kingstilldeath! :biggrin2: , the one i caught just after that was smaller!

gday deschanel my boats only a 4.5 so ur mates will handle it a lot better than mine, pick a nice calm day and head out, has your mate got a gps? osborn shoal is a totally different spot its a small reef just off cronulla beach!

today was so calm it took me about 10min or less to get to the close fad! from botany bay.

Yeah he does, will have to convince him to head out! I was always under the impression that FADS were a great distance out! Thanks for that

:thumbup:

Buddy everything is weather dependant, ive been out at Broken Bay Fad 22ks out and found 4 young blokes in a 3.8m Tinnie in less than pleasant conditions. (I Strongley disagree with even the thought of travelling out that far in such a boat) But the boat your talking about should have no problems but as stated Wind and Swell conditions need to be revised before planned outing. If conditions look worrying then head back in. The Close Fad is about 8ks off heads from Botany and the Far is around 18ks. Be Smart and Keep Safe. Cheers Dave

Thanks Dave, we will defintely have to head out to one of the FADs soon