Tinnie Makeover Complete... Phew!

Seagoon

Gidday all,

Well, what can i say but this has been a long time coming. You may or may not recall that i had made some posts with regards to painting aluminium etc early in the year, and all the other nastie processes and hoops that you need to jump through... well, im done, and the boat floats!!

Thanks to those who gave me advice, and especially those who helped, being my Dad and Geoff, who i met at the kingie social. Thankyou very much :-)

It goes great, the little changes and additions are tops. Very happy! Anhow, attached are the photos. I have heaps more, some that zoom in on particular bits. Can post more if people are curious. Ill post them in reverse cronological order, so the boat should look worse as you scroll down (please tell me that is the case anyhow :074: ).

Im not sure that the pictures give a great indication of the old vs the new, but you'll have to take my word for it - it feels like a newy :-)

Cheers,

Jon

post-46-1177586938_thumb.jpg

post-46-1177586953_thumb.jpg

post-46-1177587075_thumb.jpg

post-46-1177587400_thumb.jpg

Edited by paint_stripper

well done there mate the boat looks brilliant. it looks very fishable and

lots of room in there. top work.

regards mark

MATE I REMEMBER YOUR POST FROM A WHILE BACK NOW AND I WAS INTRESTED IN HOW YOU GOT ON.

YOUR BOAT LOOKS TOPS AND IT SHOWS YOU HAVE PUT ALOT OF TIME INTO IT.

WELL DONE MATE!

Very nice job indeed Jon :thumbup:

She came up a beauty...looks brand new now. All that hard work and perseverence paid off in the end...good to see.

You were luckier than a bloke in today's Manly Daily who had his almost finished 5 year project stolen on Anzac day from Bayview.....He must be one pissed off fella today..

Nice work on your craft Jon.

Cheers,

Pete.

Here's the story in the paper today:

Pride and joy stolen

AFTER five years of heart-felt restoration Avalon boat enthusiast Max Evans was just weeks from putting his prize possession in the water.

But now he may never be able to enjoy a day at sea after it was stolen on Tuesday.

The 6m Pride Cavalier and its trailer was stolen by three men between 3.30pm and 4.30pm from where it was parked on Bakers Rd, Bayview.

Tragically, Mr Evans does not even have a photograph to remember his pride and joy by.

It is one of three boats in the area that have been stolen in the past week.

``I've been doing it up for five years - I've never even had it in the water,'' Mr Evans said.

``And I didn't insure it because it wasn't complete.

``I'm really, really not happy.

``It has been one of those projects, I have worked on it part-time for five years.

``All my spare time and money went into it and now it's gone.

The white boat did not have registration stickers on it because it had just been resprayed.

It was on a dual-axel trailer with a black stern drive and was under a green cover.

Three men, two with beards, were allegedly seen driving off with the boat hooked up to a green Range Rover.

Broken Bay Water Police co-ordinator Sen-Sgt Scott Abbott said another boat on a trailer was stolen about a week ago in front of the Bayview Yacht Racing Association on Pittwater Rd.

He said a 4.8m outboard with 15hp motor belonging to Palm Beach Ferries was also stolen from Careel Bay on Tuesday.

Sen-Sgt Abbott called on the public to be more vigilant.

``We need for members of the public to give us a call if they see anything suspicious,'' he said.

Anyone with any information is urged to contact Broken Bay Water Police on 9910 7899.

Thanks Pete :-) for those comments.

Man, i really feel for that fella. Thats tragic. I can only hope that he has some small chance of locating it as it must be reasonably unique and he'd recognise his own work. The unsavoury characters were probably waiting for him to finish it before they nabbed it...

I have to tell you that it is something that has been on my mind, and a few friends have joked to me about something similar. I've upped the insurance (had to get it valued by dealer and fax the valuation). My boat isnt in the same class as him though - i really cant imagine how upset he must be...

Heres mine

home.exetel.com.au/altina

Thats super twoducks, schmick work and great website. Really enjoyed looking through the chronology - its amazing - the similarities between the process you went though and mine. Especially the sanding... yuk! I really dont want to think too much about how many times ive been over the hull with some sort of sanding/scraping/brushing tool!!!

Jon Looks great with all the bits reinstalled, it was a bit barron just after we completed the painting.

post-731-1177890796_thumb.jpg

I see the bilge pump has been added & is that a 6 switch pannel on the dash.

Is the depth sounder installed or is that still to come

Geoff

Thanks Pete :-) for those comments.

Thats super twoducks, schmick work and great website. Really enjoyed looking through the chronology - its amazing - the similarities between the process you went though and mine. Especially the sanding... yuk! I really dont want to think too much about how many times ive been over the hull with some sort of sanding/scraping/brushing tool!!!

Thanks for the feedback,

Yeah the sandings a pain..lol and i think we could have done a bit more to tell you the truth. But the owner was in a hurry to get on the water.

Will have to update my page when i get a chance,and put some of the other restos me and my mate have done.

Just waiting till i build my new pc.

Cheers Twoducks

Jon Looks great with all the bits reinstalled, it was a bit barron just after we completed the painting.

Hey Geoff, it certainly does - i havent looked at that picture for a few weeks and its quite funny to look at now! I wanted to put up heaps of photos but the post limit got me.

I see the bilge pump has been added & is that a 6 switch pannel on the dash.

Is the depth sounder installed or is that still to come

Yep got the bilge pump in, that worked out really well. The sounder is in and works really well! Its the only electronic/electric thing on the port side of the boat, and is a good distance from the motor. The sounder works at full boat speed, which was a pleasant surprise - but i think that that was the goal - thanks for your advice there :-)

Ive got the rubber boots in from work now, ill whack them on on the w/e. That'll complete the panel. Its so good to just do small odd jobs on the boat now - instant satisfaction!!!