Good Old Juno

Seagoon

Well, christened the boat on Anzac Day at Juno, and got a really nice flattie, about 55cm. Having a sounder now is really great - you can really tell when you are in no-mans land there, and there is a lot of that there...

Hope to harrass a few more lizards before they fly north for the winter, or whatever they do... :-)

BTW am wearing a life jacket now - am a fairly strong swimmer, but the ads have got to me! Its actually really warm and comfortable this time of year...

Cheers,

Jon

P.S. And oh yes, the bugger got me on the thumb... still hurts.. anyhow he tasted good :-)

post-46-1177588013_thumb.jpg

Edited by paint_stripper

Well done and nice catch mate, errr not that i'm sure who caught who?

Juno is a regular haunt for me and the tribe, yet I tend to fish no mans land more than the hot spots!

Nice to see it going the other way :thumbup:

Raiders,

Where is Juno? I am thinking up the Hawksbury, am I close.

Cheers

Arch

Yep, come out of Parsley Bay- Brooklyn Boatramp. Turn right and head towards the main river heading out to sea.At the "T" intersection , your right there on the left hand side. There is a Nav light there( and generally a few boats)

copped a flattie gash on the back of my hand[hit large vein] very painful :ranting2:

as stated coagulent on stomach was applied immediately saved me having to pull up stumps :thumbup:

this happend approx` fifteen years ago vein is still quite enlarged.

Edited by The Red Herring

Yep, come out of Parsley Bay- Brooklyn Boatramp. Turn right and head towards the main river heading out to sea.At the "T" intersection , your right there on the left hand side. There is a Nav light there( and generally a few boats)

Cheers stumpy,

I'll have to give it a go next time I am up north. Avoiding being stabbed or course.

Thanks for that tip about the slime - ill be straight into that - its only a matter of when, not if, i get cut by another!!! What about a new product from Fishraider? LizzardGel for all manner of cuts and bruises?! :biggrin2:

This guy fort much harder in the boat than he did out of the boat - he was so strong and hard to hold. I have to tell you thats the first time ive held a flattie like that. Ive seen others do it, but have been worried due to the saw like teeth and also that bit at the middle there that juts out. It was out of despiration for a photo basically!

I think that the key was to grab it under the gills too, so that the mouth opened, the fingers under the gills were taking his weight. Thumb on the head first i think. It actually came together somehow, not 100% sure... This guy died in my livie tank (which is a bucket & manually water change) so i think i may have been a bit rough with him. If only he was a bit more chilled!!!...