Berley Bucket Installation

Frantic

Hey fishraiders ,i'm going to install a berley bucket on the transom of my boat (492F)

but it has a couple of (duckboards ) i think there called on the back so room is at a premium.

I'd like to know other raiders ideas on how i should install it.

Craig

post-2960-1177822378_thumb.jpg

Hey fishraiders ,i'm going to install a berley bucket on the transom of my boat (492F)

but it has a couple of (duckboards ) i think there called on the back so room is at a premium.

I'd like to know other raiders ideas on how i should install it.

Craig

Perfect spot for it mate is right through the duckboard. What you will have to measure is how much room you have between the duck board and the bottom of the bucket when on the plane. You don't want to have the bucket dragging through the water when on the plane. An easy way to get around this is to use a piece of cutting board to raise the bucket if need be.

Pic of mine from my old boat below....

boatrearext.jpg

Craig Mine is similiar to Heath's set up. Am I correct in saying the "duckboards" are mainly used as a step to provide access into the boat from the rear , if so , when I did mine the bucket is retained using wing nuts. This allowed for the bucket to be easily removed for cleaning but also could be removed compleaty & the hole covered with a piece of plywood so on those family occusions the duckboards could still be used as a step.

Geoff

post-731-1177888915_thumb.jpg

post-731-1177888953_thumb.jpg