P.b Jewies, 29.4.07

mjb

G-day All,

Started off yesterday with the intention of chasing kingies off Cronulla at a little

reef where we got 9 last week (from rats to 62cm's). This time we were set up with live baits and

were looking forward to getting smashed up by the local hoods. The first bait down got nervous

and then dissapeared with out a bite. Bit strange I was thinking, so I sent the second livie down for the

same result. Bugger me, those mongrel schooling leather jackets had found us on the reef and were knocking off the livies!!.

So we were wasting our time there, and decided to give another spot x a go. Sent down the livies and and "bang" 2 x P.B jews 8.5 and 9kg's, a couple of small bronzies (released), tailor, samon, reddies and a couple flatties.

Back at the ramp, a cheeky pelican pinched the big tailor when I had my back turned, I chased him back to the water but he got away. I didn't mind too much as I was still stoked about the jews.

What a great day!!

Mick.

post-3901-1177896900_thumb.jpg post-3901-1177896916_thumb.jpg

post-3901-1177896928_thumb.jpg post-3901-1177896940_thumb.jpg

Edited by mrs rzep

Thats an excellent pair of Autumn jews, they are certainly on at the moment

Yeah they sure are, we caught both within 20 minutes of each other around 10.30 yesterday

morning. There have been a couple of beautiful "jewie moons" for the past couple of days,

so I don't know if that's had something to do with it.

Thanks to everyone for their comments, the pelican theif can been seen in the back of the photo

just waiting for the right moment to "snatch and run" geez they can run fast, even with a kilo tailor

in their beak!!

Mick.

Yeah they sure are, we caught both within 20 minutes of each other around 10.30 yesterday

morning. There have been a couple of beautiful "jewie moons" for the past couple of days,

so I don't know if that's had something to do with it.

Thanks to everyone for their comments, the pelican theif can been seen in the back of the photo

just waiting for the right moment to "snatch and run" geez they can run fast, even with a kilo tailor

in their beak!!

Mick.

Good one, a reckon that size is pefect for jewie steaks on the barbie. Great result.

Regards, Hutcho

nice pair af jews, arnt those bloody pelicans game at times.woulda been funny watching if he tried to steal one of those jews with you :04: to get him back :074: . suppose you had a great feed anyway so donating a tailor to the homeless hungry billycan isnt all that bad..