Nepean River

miller

hi all

went down the river today for a bit of stress relief

armed with a handfull of bass lures, small float n hooks and loaf of breed

found a nice little spot to relax throw out a few peices of breed and the action start

put a bit of crust on and tosed it out to where the fish were taking the breed of the surface

im on straight away then of wind in to find the hook gone i say to myself thats odd for mullet

ty another hook on and im out again this time nothing then all of a sudden small fish start jumping

out of the water near my float then bang im on again after a quick fit i land a 29 cm bass

then soon after that a 30cm bass all on breed

post-2224-1178014851_thumb.jpg

post-2224-1178015017_thumb.jpg

i had a few more hits and lost hooks and small bass,I tried all my bass lure for zilch even a white coloured

surface crawler

the actoin slowed so out goes the float with breed again and i turn my back to try and find

another float for my lure rod when i hear zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz i turn around grab the rod and strike

i look to see where my lines going and theres this bloody duck screeming off to the other side of the river

so i play him/her for about ten minute some good solid runs and dives under the water i get it to the bank

and throw my shirt over it remove the hook and off it goes to grow bigger it left me a surprise in my shirt

a big white crap :ranting2: thing

so i return home a much happer bloke

a few more pics my thong is 28cm

post-2224-1178015191_thumb.jpg

post-2224-1178015238_thumb.jpg

cheers

miller

Guest Plastic Fanatic

Just a couple of questions:

1. What's the minimum length for a duck?

2. What's the best way to cook a thong?

:1prop:

:074::074::Funny-Post: Well done! :Funny-Post::074::074:

hi mate, good catch there, where abouts at the nepean were you fishing, down from the weir? i fish the river quite a bit but havent been down lately due to fishing in the salt. might have to head back down if its firing like that.

hi mate, good catch there, where abouts at the nepean were you fishing, down from the weir? i fish the river quite a bit but havent been down lately due to fishing in the salt. might have to head back down if its firing like that.

mate just past the rapids after the wier where the last stream comes in on the right

cheers

miller

• 2 weeks later...

Mate, those ducks are annoying. Fished near the M4 bridge other day. Caught a couple mullet and was snapped off by a huge carp. Little latter on, my float went under, it fort hard, thought I had a nice fish to notice that I had hooked up a duck. Let it go, felt sorry for the poor thing.

it does sound surprising. i've only caught bream mullet carp and eel on bread.

the spot where i go there are bass there but they havent taken any of my bread so far.

i will persist with it and hopefully they will bite one day.