Sydney Harbour 03/05/07

Dano1

Hi all,

hit the water at 3 am this morning and headed out to gather some squid, managed to raise enogh squid for a good days fishing.

RIPPING IN A FEW SQUID B4 SUNRISE.

post-3412-1178176658_thumb.jpg

First call was to downrig the markers around the harbour, all we got was pickers agghhh! so after about 2hrs of feeding live squid to the pickers and 6 squid later we decided to anchor up. Within about 10 min tims rod screams off zzzzzzzzz he's on! :yahoo: a short but good fight a 2kg 59cm Amber jack is boated. It didn't take long before my rod buckeled over and zzzzzzzzzz i was on! Again a short but good fight and a 2.1kg 60cm amber jack is landed! For there size they are a deffinate pocket rocket!

TIMS AMBER JACK

post-3412-1178176822_thumb.jpg

After that it was a little quiet and pickers had moved in on our baits tim managed to hook a 30cm snappper on a 8/0 hook :1prop: and was quickly released.

so we decided to move on change location, kick back and get a few baits over! Tims was the first rod to go off zzzzzzz-----zzzz----zzz and then nothing :ranting2: this happened a few more times untill my rod starts zzzz very slowly sneaking off so i lift and wait for the kingy run.. then WTF im on! it was not fighting at all thought id jaged a piece of weed then it starts ti kick around a bit holy s**# its that alligator the've been hunting for in America :074: in comes a nice 64cm flattie :biggrin2: pb for me!

The rest of the morning was fairly quiet untill tims live squid rockets off zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz holy s**# its a big king we both called! and it was on his lite rod! After the hugggge run it starts comming back to the boat, before long it surfaces :1yikes: WTF its a flute mouth and was well over a meter long! we both got a good look at it as it spat the hooks right at the boat :05: Has anyone else seen 1 of these in the harbour? I know i certainly havn't.

All in all was a great day to be out in the water even though the kings didn't want to play! theres always sunday for that!! HA HA..

More pics of the day!

64cm flattie! at 1.6kgs

post-3412-1178177411_thumb.jpg

dinner!

post-3412-1178177499_thumb.jpg

The 2 extremes when squiding! small squid was caught on 1.8 yozuri and the large one on a watto lumo sparkle those thumper squid love your jigs watto!! :thumbup:

post-3412-1178177593_thumb.jpg

Dan.

Edited by Dano1

Nice one dano, i love the looks of the AJ's

shame u didnt get any kingies, but as you said, theres always sunday :thumbup:

Holy F*** how big is that second squid?!!?!

Edited by KingsRule

Nice one dano, i love the looks of the AJ's

shame u didnt get any kingies, but as you said, theres always sunday :thumbup:

You bugga dano!!!!!!!!!!

Those hourly SMS today at work really upset me :1prop: ....

1st squid

2nd amberjack

3rd flute mouth

You bugger :1prop::1prop::1prop:

Catch up with you, tim an the rest of "The Crew" on the weekend for some BS, :1fishing1::beersmile:

Dan

D&G

PS where did you get your squid,,,, roflmao

Edited by Dan and Greg

That Amberjack looks great in the first pic!! Sounds like you had a great day.

Just a suggestion - the big fish that you lost right at the end may have been a long-tom and not a flute-mouth. There have been a few really big ones around at the moment terrorising light-line fishermen, and they look pretty similar.

That Amberjack looks great in the first pic!! Sounds like you had a great day.

Just a suggestion - the big fish that you lost right at the end may have been a long-tom and not a flute-mouth. There have been a few really big ones around at the moment terrorising light-line fishermen, and they look pretty similar.

Hey mondo,

Cheers mate!

mate deffinattly sure it was a flute mouth bright orange and a mouth like a pelican no teeth.

Dan

very nice catch there mate that flatty looks lke it will be tasty plenty of meat on that guy. well done on the jacks and squid also, looks like your becoming a bit of a sydney harbour pro.

Looks like a nice bag there guys.

Were you on that boat loitering around Clifton around 6-7am ish.. with a tohatsu outboard ?

Hey mate yeah was us!

Were u the guy who landed the nice trev of the wharf?

Well done mate!

Dan.

Hey mate yeah was us!

Were u the guy who landed the nice trev of the wharf?

Well done mate!

Dan.

I was the one in the red vest netting the fish... My mate's trev went 50cm.

I did land a 64cm rat earlier in the morning, there was a bigger one following when I reel it in... that one would've been 70-75cm.

I'm surprised that they're still around, a few years back the rats are long gone by mid April... is it global warming or just that the fishing in the harbour is getting better ??

I'm heading out again in 1/2 hrs time...

Well done mate.. the Ambo's look superb when they come out of the water.

Bloody big Squid that..

We picked up a massive flattie fishing for kings once. It actually swum up in the water column to grab the bait. We were fishing half way down.. greedy.

Cheers

Ceph.

Great stuff mate! So that was you guys that i saw at the wedding cake? I was so sure that it was but too many times i've gone up to people and asked whether they were raiders and turn they around and look at me strange saying "whats a raider?"!

Great stuff mate, i saw you guys pull in a few fish, our dollie plans were abandoned due to motor troubles, so we just thought we'd muck around in the harbour for a couple of fish.

DAN