Sydney Harbour In The Yak 5/5

southerly

Headed out early to the quarantine bouy before daylight with 2 squid and a cuttle. Nothing till daylight, then the pickers started. Around sun up caught a 40cm Trevally on the heavy gear, then another straight after.

I had been eyeing off a small dingy that had been down rigging off the Monkey and looked to be fighting fish. He came back, out of bait with a nice king and tales of more lost. I wasn't here for the trevally so I left them biting and paddled the 300 mtrs further out. Sadly could nopt locate the kings (I am still trying to get one on my new Daiwa KIX at least I can add Trevally to its list of captures :wacko: ).

Headed back to the bouy where another boat had pulled up, they landed and released a small king that came up to the boat in the berly trail. Pickers were driving me nuts so I headed over to the sailing bouy off quarantine beach, saw what was probablty a small shark tailing about 10 mtrs from the bouy, no hits but something cleaned the cuttle off the hook without a touch.

Trolled back to Little Many for zip. A lovely morning to get some exercise on our lovely harbour.

Southerly

Headed out early to the quarantine bouy before daylight with 2 squid and a cuttle. Nothing till daylight, then the pickers started. Around sun up caught a 40cm Trevally on the heavy gear, then another straight after.

I had been eyeing off a small dingy that had been down rigging off the Monkey and looked to be fighting fish. He came back, out of bait with a nice king and tales of more lost. I wasn't here for the trevally so I left them biting and paddled the 300 mtrs further out. Sadly could nopt locate the kings (I am still trying to get one on my new Daiwa KIX at least I can add Trevally to its list of captures :wacko: ).

Headed back to the bouy where another boat had pulled up, they landed and released a small king that came up to the boat in the berly trail. Pickers were driving me nuts so I headed over to the sailing bouy off quarantine beach, saw what was probablty a small shark tailing about 10 mtrs from the bouy, no hits but something cleaned the cuttle off the hook without a touch.

Trolled back to Little Many for zip. A lovely morning to get some exercise on our lovely harbour.

Southerly

Love to see some pics of , and from the yak Matey.

MIck

Edited by OWZAT