Nice Sharky!

Lewis

You gotta be keen dont you.

post-1163-1178335616_thumb.jpg

:1prop::1prop::1yikes:

Thats a big mouth full of teeth.

Cheers.

:1yikes::1yikes::1yikes:

woooow, ahah was that you? what type of shark?

wooow im still in shock

No Browney, not me, I can be stupid at times but I like all my limbs where they are.

It is a white

holy .......... doesn the inside of the mouth look scary!

Pure death ,imagine being a seal off south africa.

There is a video of a whale carcass that had been towed out to sea(think it was south africa) where there is hundreds of great whites that come to feed off it and this stupid bloke climbs on top of the whale whilst these sharks are ripping into it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jr9uAGkov4

Come on guys - the photo is a fake!

Think about it. In oder for the shark to be in that position it would have had to have just breached - meaning that the guy with his hand out didn't just reach over and pat it, he would have had to have been standing there with his arm outstretched waiting for the White to breach.

Nobody - regardless of any mental condition - would do such a thing. People simply don't pat great white sharks.

It's a fake.

Do not know if the pic is a fake , however there are eco tourisim charters that you can do and pat a Great White. They burley up the great white and have teaser baits on a short rope near the boat. As he or she comes up to it they pull it the bait out of the water causing the shark to lunge. Often your gopportunity is to pat the snout or just under the jaw. (I am sure there is a release form you will sign) :biggrin2:

It is not uncommon for a white to stick its head out of the water, generally there is a bait of some type to entice it to do so, but it does happen.

Try SA or a trip to South Africa to do it. I think last year 60 minutes showed a scene on it as part of one of there features on the Great White and research into the Shark populations.

I have only seen a Great White broach the water up to about its petrol fins. Any more than that out of the water and I would assume they need some speed such as when they hit a seal from below and launch themselves out of the water in doing so, as you may have seen in pics form South Africa.

Game fishing experiences and encountering great whites is another storey.

Cheers

Well Martin - I stand corrected!

Perhaps the photo is real, given the info you've provided about the shark tours. I guess we're still learning about white sharks and what their behaviours are, but as a sufer I can assure you there's no creature in the world that I am more wary of.

It's definitely not a risk I'd be comfortable taking.

I am with you Mondo. Last thing you want popping up beside your board

Cheers and pleasant dreams :074:post-144-1178594989_thumb.jpg

I wouldnt be with Mondo or you for that matter :1yikes: I would be way out in front running for my life :074::074::074:

Cheers Stewy

ps And all you would see is my dust and the back of my shoe soles :biggrin2:

I don't know what all the fuss is about really?!?!?!

That bloke just PATTED the shark ....I used to sleep with one ....

but then she took the house, furniture and everything else and pissed off!

:1prop:

"Nice" :074::074::074::05: