Any Dollies This Week?

Luringbream

Dan, i was at the Kiama fad last night with unweighted pillies and live bait and burlying hard but not a dollie to be seen.Water was 22, back down from 23.6 two weeks ago.Only one marlin caught out wide all day saturday too i think we may have seen the last of the dollies this year, down south anyway.

Are the dollies still around? Have there been any reports of the sydney or botany fad over the weekend or last week?

I'm spewing i slept in this morning :mad3::mad3::mad3:

DAN

There were dollies in the water at Terrigal FAD yesterday but not very hungry. They swam up to the boat and sniffed around unweighted pillies and little Bluebait but wouldn't eat them. They wouldn't touch a Chromed Raider either. One boat caught two while we were there and a few broke water around us but that was it. Water did not feel real warm.

Guest Big-Banana

Am I the only one with a positive report at the FAD? Mate got to Terrigal Fad before Sun up. Fished for 2 hrs for 7 Stripeys, 20 Dollies and a lost Marlin (they think) in around 90 fathoms. Home by 9:30 :thumbup:

Fishing the FAD's at times is certainly an art IMO.

Geez, what a huge difference one week makes. Lets all hope this isnt the last we see of them!!

Thanks for the reports guys..

Dan

Are you heading out this week

Adam

I wanted to head out on thursday but that bloody southerly looks like its gonna kick in :thumbdown:

DAN

Am I the only one with a positive report at the FAD? Mate got to Terrigal Fad before Sun up. Fished for 2 hrs for 7 Stripeys, 20 Dollies and a lost Marlin (they think) in around 90 fathoms. Home by 9:30 :thumbup:

Fishing the FAD's at times is certainly an art IMO.

Terrigal FAD is in 112 metres of water which is nowhere near 90 Fathoms (which is 165 metres) or was that the depth of the water where they lost the marlin? If that's the case they were a long way past Terrigal FAD.

I've just checked my Garmin Bluechart Mapsource Charts and Terrigal FAD is only halfway to any water near 160 m or 90 Fathoms. You have to be about 45 Kms out to find that depth off Terrigal and the FAD is only 18 Kms from The Haven

I suggest you guys get your sounder checked out. It's obviously seriously out of calibration.

Edited by livo

Guest Big-Banana

I wasn't personally out there it was a mate. They got a feed of dollies and headed out wide for a shot at marlin. On the way they picked up the stripeys.

I wasn't personally out there it was a mate. They got a feed of dollies and headed out wide for a shot at marlin. On the way they picked up the stripeys.

Yeah, I understood that Big-B. I was just pointing out that the water is nowhere near 90 Fathoms deep at the FAD. It's 60 fathoms actually.

What day was your mate out there? I was there from about 8.00am till about 9.30am on Sunday morning and only two small dollies caught by one of the 4 boats fishing there over that time. All 3 other boats arrived after us but we left first as well when the action was a bit lean.

Guest Big-Banana

Yeh, I didn't mean to say they got the Marlin at FAD. Apologies if it sounded that way. By 7am they had caught 20 Dollies, apparently FAD was a bit quiet and they moved north to a FAD we put down.

If you're out there early enough and its a calm day with good visibility, go looking for FAD's. I know Scotty Thorington has a few out there as do some of the Broken Bay wide charters.

Yeh, I didn't mean to say they got the Marlin at FAD. Apologies if it sounded that way. By 7am they had caught 20 Dollies, apparently FAD was a bit quiet and they moved north to a FAD we put down.

If you're out there early enough and its a calm day with good visibility, go looking for FAD's. I know Scotty Thorington has a few out there as do some of the Broken Bay wide charters.

A mate had a couple down as well but they were only light and are now gone. We did scout around a bit but couldn't find any others. I'd say early in the day would have to be the go.

Edited by livo