Sydney Harbour 06/05/07

Dano1

Hey all,

The harbour has produced again!

Tim and i hit the water at 2am meet up with jase & pete who had hook'm idleing at the pontoon ready to spend the morning hunting squid, so we quicky dumped our boat in and were on our way! It wasn't long b4 we bumped into another raider "greg" from dan & greg. he was on his way 2 pick up his sleepy brother dan!! :074:

Now with 3 boats armed and ready to dredge the harbour of squid it was on!! The squid started off slow but were consistantly coming up by sunrise we all had enough for a great day fishing!

Now to find the kings :biggrin2: as the westerly winds were blowingwe decided to take advantage of them and poke our noses out through the heads. Not much happening out there Heard people talking on the radio about leather jacket thats a good sign to hesd back into the harbour!!

Gave Quarintine a quick hit for a couple of good runs but no hook ups!! So decided to hit middle harbour tim and i decided that downriggting would be the way to attack it so we set out 2 live squid and proceded to drag them around the moorings through the spit and beyond then wack zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz then strike then zzzzzzzzzzz then nothing : :mad3: spat it! down goes the rigger again tims on strike it didn't take long b4 the downrigger went off zzzzzzz and tim was on! A nice little specimen of 62cm was landed bled and given to pete who was on hook'ms boat! Then its my turn again it didn't take long i was on and he was hooked this time!! :biggrin2: uP comes a 60cm model, quick happy snap and back in the drink for him

62cm & 60cm

post-3412-1178430344_thumb.jpg

With the kings comming up consistanly over the next hour tim boats a beautiful 68cm king :thumbup: and between us another 4 rats all about the 60 - 62 mark! all fish were caught using the downrigger! Hpe u can all figure out where these kings were taken as the photos were taken at the location just off seaforth!

post-3412-1178430486_thumb.jpg

post-3412-1178430704_thumb.jpg

With jase (hook'm) and dan and greg near by getting into there fair share of the action with the words pb and bull shark mentioned from someone :1prop: ill leave that story up to them! It was such an amazzing morning to be getting stuck into some nice kings with such hudge amount of boat traffic!! Love it!

Was good to meet up with and chat to all the raiders on the water today Hook'm, d&g, Robbielites, coollamon and the rest of the gang great day guys!!

All in all a perfectt day to be out on the water with tally for the day being 7 kings all were reallesed except 1 wich pete took home!

Dan.

Edited by Dano1

AND A BIG THANKS TO ALL WHO VOTED FOR MY PB KINGY IN APRILS FISH OF THE MONTH THANKS GUYS FOR GETTING ME OVER THE LINE!!!!

post-3412-1178431573_thumb.jpg

DAN.

ANOTHER PHOTO OF THE DAY 6/05/07 SORRY THIS PHOTO WAS MENT TO BE ONE THE REPORT BUT I CANT MANAGE TO GET IT THERE!!!!!!!! iF ANY ONE CAN FIX IT PLEASE DO!

post-3412-1178432112_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dano1

You lucky buggers, we launched at roseville at 4 this morning tried for squid at spit,manly,quarintine with no luck, only got 4 yakkas and that was after about 4 hours. tried the wave rider at quarintine nothing there except a monster squid which we couldn't boat!!! went home empty handed after one solid bust up on the bottom on soft plastics :mad3:

Glad someone got a few today....

Well done again dan! :thumbup:

First of all nice kings Dano (fellas). Anyway

Myself and a couple of fellas were out fishing the other day for kings in the harbour early, 1st trying for squid around the spit ect, we only managed to catch 1 , nothing worse then starting your day off with 1 squid between 3 people , I couldnt help notice these 2 fellas (Dano1 and mate ) pulling squid in left right and centre ( bloody freeks ) we aproached them for some advice , rigs ect , and they were true gentleman even giving us a handfull of live squid , good to see 2 true blue ausies cleaning up.

Thanks heaps fellas we owe you a :beersmile:

Hey Dano1 an all!

What a top day out!!!! The lack of fish was certainly made up by the great company! Greg had one of his best days which is saying something, particularly considering he only boated a lonely ole rat @ bang on 60cm which went back :biggrin2:

Dano an tim, myself an Greg owe you buddy. That phone call telling us where the kingys were made life very easy for us. VVvvvvvvvrrrrrrrrooooooom off to danos stop X.

Mate it was a a laugh a minute out there with you guys fishing!!!!!!!

Favourite quote for the day

"Ah dano1 downrigg betwn us (D&G) and Hook'M so you can grab a beer off jason for us (we were 10-15ft apart"

A warning to all raiders, please take heed "watchout for Dano1 when when he is downrigging, if your at any other position bar anchor your safe (a few moored boats got to know Dano's boat up close and in person :1prop: )". Including ourselfs an Hook'M :074:

Anyway great day out boys an girls will have to do it again. Great to run into Fisherwoman and The Sweeny out there. Pity we couldnt get you two into some as well. Your bait was as good as ours, just a pity the kingys where few and far between. At least for those that werent downrigging :biggrin2:

Anyhow couldnt imagine what everyone else was doing on a day like today :1prop:

D & G

Well apart from my stupidity at the ramp (forgetting to attatch chain to Hook,m before driving up ramp and nearly losing it on the ramp) it was a great day.thanks Dano1 and D&G for saving my boat!

Got my pb king so far 66cm and had a bag of laughs with D&G and dano1 and his Little mate.Also met Fisherwoman and Laurie(The Sweeny)Thanks again for the 2 boattrips last weekend Laurie!!

I also caught a 4 ft bull shark ,which at first sighting i thought was a jew :yahoo: but when i got it to the surface was sorely dissapointed :thumbdown: and let it go straight away.At the same time im looking at about 3 boats towing people on buiscuts etc .I got the shark at Pickering Point in 80 ft of water.

Also met Coolamon ,nice to meet u mate,there is really no spot x for us mate its just where we can luckily find the kings and with 3 or 4 boats u can scatter and report in if u find them,mate it saves a lot of time and yesterday paid off for us.It wasnt untill 11am either so alot of searching.

Had a great day

Edited by Hook'm

Nice one lads..

We saw you guys at the Spit at about 5am. We only managed one micro cuttle from there.

We went outside and caught more squid then downrigged and bottom bashed for a couple of hours with no luck.

Saw you at the wreck on the way back..... will say hello next time we see you.

Cheers

Ceph.

Edited by Ceph

What a great day on the water. We ended up with a trev and flounder. The Sweeney got his PB shovel nose which was fun cos it decided to make friends with our other lines. It was great hearing of so many raiders out there.

Also met Fisherwoman and Laurie(The Sweeny)Thanks again for the 2 boattrips last weekend Laurie!!

Congrats on the PB King Hook'm, It was great to meet you.

Anyway great day out boys an girls will have to do it again. Great to run into Fisherwoman and The Sweeny out there. Pity we couldnt get you two into some as well. Your bait was as good as ours, just a pity the kingys where few and far between.

It was great to see you guys out there, thanks for the tips and for trying to get us into those kings as well.

Hope to see you all on the water again soon. :biggrin2:

I have to say, to all you raiders who are such a freindly and helpfull bunch of people, we have learnt alot from all of your tips and it has brought in some good fish for us.

Thanks

Kat

Hey Kat it was great to meet you too.

Pitty the kings were a bit picky,bring on summer!!

Another 11 hour day pays off but you have to work hard for the fish eh.

Dano1 has a great feel and intuition for fishing ,if he and Tim hadnt decided to downrig for a bit

we most likely wouldnt have found anything at all.

Cheers Jason

Dano1 has a great feel and intuition for fishing ,if he and Tim hadnt decided to downrig for a bit

we most likely wouldnt have found anything at all.

Cheers Jason

Ditto!!!

After yesterday and a short sleep late afternoon, I was seriously thinking about having this weekend off, an having a quite one. Guess what..... woke up this morning,,, bugger that, Im heading out again this sat and sunday :biggrin2:

hey Dano,, are you an tim heading out this weekend?

Both myself an Greg are :thumbup:

Kat I hope you kept that shovelnose, they arent bad on the plate, an are great to give to kids, as once filleted, they have virtually no bones an taste similiar to a flathead

Dan

D & G

Ps Greg wants to do it again again ASAP with the same crews, had a ball, an wants another day like it, Yahoooo Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Edited by Dan and Greg

sounds like you guys had a top day!

when it's on again let me know; i'd love to add another boat to the mix!

G'day mate,

No dramas mate we'll keep u posted. The more boats we've got hunting the eaiser they are to find!!

Should be out this wkend depending on weather!!! atm looks a bit s**# ah well,

Dan.

Hey all,

Thanks for all the replys, The day was a barrel of laughs right from the ramp! thats what its all about getting out on the water and having fun doing what u love with such great company cheers guys!!!

ps. tims hooked on raider but he dosent have a computer :074::074::074:

Dan.

What a great day on the water. We ended up with a trev and flounder. The Sweeney got his PB shovel nose which was fun cos it decided to make friends with our other lines. It was great hearing of so many raiders out there.

Congrats on the PB King Hook'm, It was great to meet you.

It was great to see you guys out there, thanks for the tips and for trying to get us into those kings as well.

Hope to see you all on the water again soon. :biggrin2:

I have to say, to all you raiders who are such a freindly and helpfull bunch of people, we have learnt alot from all of your tips and it has brought in some good fish for us.

Thanks

Kat

Hey Fisherwomen,

Was great to meet up with u and the sweeny on the water,

Hopfully we'll all be locking up the rods and into some nice harbour kings next trip.

Dan.

Well apart from my stupidity at the ramp (forgetting to attatch chain to Hook,m before driving up ramp and nearly losing it on the ramp) it was a great day.thanks Dano1 and D&G for saving my boat!

Got my pb king so far 66cm and had a bag of laughs with D&G and dano1 and his Little mate.Also met Fisherwoman and Laurie(The Sweeny)Thanks again for the 2 boattrips last weekend Laurie!!

I also caught a 4 ft bull shark ,which at first sighting i thought was a jew :yahoo: but when i got it to the surface was sorely dissapointed :thumbdown: and let it go straight away.At the same time im looking at about 3 boats towing people on buiscuts etc .I got the shark at Pickering Point in 80 ft of water.

Also met Coolamon ,nice to meet u mate,there is really no spot x for us mate its just where we can luckily find the kings and with 3 or 4 boats u can scatter and report in if u find them,mate it saves a lot of time and yesterday paid off for us.It wasnt untill 11am either so alot of searching.

Had a great day

Ahhhhh Hook'm,

Thanks for the tow!!

ova...

Dan.

First of all nice kings Dano (fellas). Anyway

Myself and a couple of fellas were out fishing the other day for kings in the harbour early, 1st trying for squid around the spit ect, we only managed to catch 1 , nothing worse then starting your day off with 1 squid between 3 people , I couldnt help notice these 2 fellas (Dano1 and mate ) pulling squid in left right and centre ( bloody freeks ) we aproached them for some advice , rigs ect , and they were true gentleman even giving us a handfull of live squid , good to see 2 true blue ausies cleaning up.

Thanks heaps fellas we owe you a :beersmile:

G'day cflife,

Mate glad to see you signed up on raider!

Was glad to help u fellas out on thurs!

How did u end up any fish????

We had a look 4 u on our way in but couldn't find u!!

Dan.

ps. check your pm's

Dan.

Edited by Dano1

Ahhhhh Hook'm,

Thanks for the tow!!

ova...

Dan.

ahhh no probs mate

apparently trickle chargers are good

for charging batteries

ova...

:biggrin2::biggrin2:

You got it all wrong!!

I just wanted a tow in to give me a chance to clean up the boat that squid ink can be hard to get off!!

ha ha ha ha :074::074::1prop::1prop:

just joking

Dan.

What a top day out there hey! It was like a mini FR social :)

Dan,

Lucky you didn't come out to the FAD, It was a sensational run out there at WOT though :1punk: I got a call from a mate and three boats ended up doing a convoy out side. The largest swell was from my mates boat in front SENSATIONAL!! But nothing happenning out there and quite a few boats out there too.

D&G

Greg thanks for the tip on jigging, just as you headed off I pulled one in mid water. I yelled out but you two were already heading off into the sunrise :smoke:

Fisherwoman.

I could hear you talking to Dan on my way back in and tried to raise you but no result. Say Hi to the Sweeny for me.

I will be out solo again Sunday, this time probably a bit earlier. Maybe even Greg time..... :) I am on a mission to bag out on Squid :1prop:

Cheers.

Robbie.

Ps Dano I added those other pics

You got it all wrong!!

I just wanted a tow in to give me a chance to clean up the boat that squid ink can be hard to get off!!

ha ha ha ha :074::074::1prop::1prop:

just joking

Dan.

Mate im still recovering from seeing Hook'm falling off the trailer

i thought i was gonna be :puke: