Forster Megabream 6/5/07

arpie

Hi guys

Attended the megabream weighin yesterday & today - some very nice fish there, but very tough fishing for everyone! About 6 got full bags yesterday (10 for 2 anglers) and today only 2 did! The same guys took out both days! They were using new sps called (I think) Zips!!?? Should be out soon.

Jackal & Chubbies were mentioned often, especially fishing the flats. The biggest bream was caught by local Barclays guru, Max Frost - caught on a xk40?? (Definitely not an sx!) One bloke broke the bib off a diving lure to make it into a floater & caught his biggest for the day! Tough tactics.

A couple of the anglers (both very well known) didn't promote their promoters, saying the gear (rod in particular) didn't do the job ...... hmmmm, bad workmen always blame their tools! Bit rude, I thought, seeing as how they pay for the entry, accomodation, fuel & often their gear!! And we are not talking cheap gear here!!! Both very high profile, one bass & one bream fisho!

Great seeing everyone has a hard day on the water on occasion!

Cheers

Roberta

Edited by Roberta

Sounds like it was tough

The lure that caught the biggest bream was probably a CK40 by ecogear

Unusual for competitors to publicly knock there sponsors gear must be a story behind the scenes there

Will be interesting to hear what those plastics are There are a few new ones about to come on the market

The Japanese are actively creating lures specifically for the Aussie bream market now, to - sps as well, I believe. All sorts of stuff coming out soon. One team was sponsored them & caught more fish (from memory) than most, but lots were undersized.

I think it was Kris Hickson & Darren Borg that took out both days & got full bag limits (only one to do so.) Some monster tailor & flatties were caught, too. They were sponsored by TT lures. Would have loved to be an 'eye in the sky' & checked it all out! Couldn't go fast enough in my kayak to keep up, tho!

Cheers

Roberta