Browns 5-5-07

Hi all

Has been a little while since a report worth writing about but on Saturday Kosta, Ray & myself decided to take a run out towards browns and have a troll around.

We trolled around the close FAD for zero so we decided to bring the lines in and run out towards to the plonk hole and the wide FAD about a mile from the plonk hole we dropped the lures back in and worked the area for about an hour for zero so in came the lures and did a quick run out to browns.

About a mile west of browns the lures went back into the water we worked up and around browns then decided to head east, we headed about 5 mile east of browns and worked the area for zero again things didn't look good.

We decided to troll back to browns and then pull the lures and have a drop and see if we could get a feed.

First drop nothing, second drop nothing, third drop up come a nice 5kg gemfish :biggrin2: , again another drop and up comes another 5kg gemfish :biggrin2: , then on the next drop we lost the whole rig :mad3: so we rig up again and down they go again this time hoping for a blue eye, well we didn't get let down after about 20 min of winding "mind you all of this was on tiagra 50w" out of the depths comes this white large fish first we thought it was a shark or something but then as it come to surface a great blue eye i called it for 20kg :1yikes: but then we put it on the lie detector it only pulled it down to 15 kg bugger.

Oh well better than nothing i guess.

After that we had all had our fun and started to troll back to the ramp with zero all and not a bad day.

thanks

craig

post-2728-1178499012_thumb.jpg

post-2728-1178499025_thumb.jpg

Edited by Polynemus_sheridani

THAT IS A THUMPER BLUE EYE MATE 15KG OF GREAT EATING FISH,MAKES UP FOR THE HOURS OF CONSTANT TROLLING.AS I HAVE NEVER FISHED THE BOTTOM AT BROWNS WAS WONDERING WHAT SORT OF WEIGHT AND RIG IS USED TO GET DOWN,AND IS THERE ANY PREFERANCE AS BAIT FOR BLUE EYE.If anyone can help and give some idea it would be great as i would love to give bottom fishing at browns a go.

steve

THAT IS A THUMPER BLUE EYE MATE 15KG OF GREAT EATING FISH,MAKES UP FOR THE HOURS OF CONSTANT TROLLING.AS I HAVE NEVER FISHED THE BOTTOM AT BROWNS WAS WONDERING WHAT SORT OF WEIGHT AND RIG IS USED TO GET DOWN,AND IS THERE ANY PREFERANCE AS BAIT FOR BLUE EYE.If anyone can help and give some idea it would be great as i would love to give bottom fishing at browns a go.

steve

Steve

We used a couple of Tiagra 50w with 24kg line and just made up some 24kg leaders with 3 dropper hooks and 3 pillies on each hook and i think about 5 3oz snapper sinkers.

Not meant to use this gear i guess but you use what you have when you are there the best thing to use is a 2 handed deck winch with 200 or 300 lb Dacron and about 80 meters of 80lb leader in mono and then droppers of them with 9/0 circle hooks and large fish baits, most of the guys use old timber sash window weights rather than snapper sinkers.

Am looking to get one made up soon and give them a good bash at browns then.

thanks

craig