Jew Under Captain Cook Bridge

fisherman

hey everyone. anyone catch any jewies under captain cook bridge on saturday night? i was out there along with the other 25-30 boats. it was packed... I managed to boat a nice little 80 cm jew.. it was alot of fun as i caught him on my little light rod using a shimano sustain 2500 spooled with 4 lb braid. it took me about 20 minutes to land the little sucker. all i could think about was the big TWANG!!! and then winding in nothing but a bit of frayed braid haha. i was using a 2/0 hook with a live nipper as bait. i did get some photos on my phone but it was too dark and didnt turn out too well. looking forward to getting out there again on the next full moon.

Ive given up Saturday nights its like being in George st at lunch time.

The final straw was a few weeks back when a bloke trolled straight over the top of about three boats and picked up all our lines on a bloody downrigger.

The fish can stay there I need my serenity!

Dave

hey everyone. anyone catch any jewies under captain cook bridge on saturday night? i was out there along with the other 25-30 boats. it was packed... I managed to boat a nice little 80 cm jew.. it was alot of fun as i caught him on my little light rod using a shimano sustain 2500 spooled with 4 lb braid. it took me about 20 minutes to land the little sucker. all i could think about was the big TWANG!!! and then winding in nothing but a bit of frayed braid haha. i was using a 2/0 hook with a live nipper as bait. i did get some photos on my phone but it was too dark and didnt turn out too well. looking forward to getting out there again on the next full moon.

Get out there during a week night mate been getting some good ones up to five kilos of a weeknight. Second to third pylon from the north. Squid it up too - theyll get bigger.