Sydney Harbour 8th May, 2007

gretsch

Gidday Viewers,

Hit Sydney Harbour again on Tuesday. I took some Clients on a charter (seems to be a regular activity for me these days).

We started out from Rose Bay at 6.30am and went squidding at all the usual spots. The squid were firing and in about an hour, we had seven Calamari in the live bait tank.

We then moved up into Middle Harbour where the Kings seem to be holding at the minute. We tried Pickering and Seaforth without success. We then moved Long Bay and the Kings were there. Not in huge numbers but still, a few Kings are better than none.

We picked up two around the 62cm mark and lost a third which I got a good visual on and looked to be bigger.... might have gone 70cm. Had a few hook ups which resulted in good runs then pulled hooks.

One odd thing happened. Two large arrow squid came cruising past the boat about 2 metres under the surface. I flicked out a jig which they both fought over whilst the guide flicked out a squid head Kingy bait.. both squid were finally captured. The one which took the bait was not even hooked. He was so greedy, he kept hanging onto the bait as he was lifted from the water to the boat. One unusual thing was that both these Arrows had Calamari eyes. Weird.

Was as calm as I have seen it in Middle Harbour. All in all, a great day.

Cheers

Ceph.

Edited by Ceph

mate sounds like the only way the day could have gone better was if there was a Webber on the boat!!

sounds like you had a great time!

nice haul of squid too. :thumbup:

Bloody oath champ... never smoked a Kingy.. might be one recipe to try !!

now tell me, how does one become a client of yours?

it might be worth it just to get in on the fishing action! :074:

Mate,

It is easy. All you need to do is award multi million dollar construction projects to my company and BINGO.. you're out on Hardour chasing Kingies.....

Cheers

C.

Mate,

It is easy. All you need to do is award multi million dollar construction projects to my company and BINGO.. you're out on Hardour chasing Kingies.....

Cheers

C.

HAHAHAHAHA :074:

If you get someone with multi-milion dollar development contracts, send em my way!!

There'll even be a commission in it for ya! :thumbup:

Yeah- but can you explain why the Chief Project Managers for your high profile clients are rarely involved in such adventures???

The Battlers are always forgotten...... :1prop:

Patience young Skywalker... your time will come. Besdies, you haven't finished your training. Train, you must. Rewarded, you will be. :bash:

Nice report mate

is that pic of the squid the one of the arrows you mentioned?

if so that is pretty strange!

No.. that one is a Calamari. They were definitely Calamari heads on Arrow bodies. The looked pretty strange.. almost like a cartoon with a big head on a skinny body. We should all keep a look out for them.

I know that squid are hermaphrodites but they also mate. Is it possible the a Calamari took a liking to a nice slender Arrow? :wub:

Patience young Skywalker... your time will come. Besdies, you haven't finished your training. Train, you must. Rewarded, you will be. :bash:

No.. that one is a Calamari. They were definitely Calamari heads on Arrow bodies. The looked pretty strange.. almost like a cartoon with a big head on a skinny body. We should all keep a look out for them.

I know that squid are hermaphrodites but they also mate. Is it possible the a Clamari took a liking to a nice slender Arrow? :wub:

And, if they do exist, I shall name them "Calamarrow".

Edited by Ceph

well done mate great day out..

ive caught alot of arrows and

i have noticed that the arrows eyes do resemble those of a southern calamari,

when there alive they tend to be greenish but once dead there eyes turn white

unlike the calamaris...

steve