Hawkesbury Tomorrow Night

Me and a mate are heading out from Mooney Mooney tomorrow arvo around 4'ish. Probably out to Dangar Island and Juno Point as these spots are pretty much all we know.

Any other suggesstions?

Also if anyone knows a decent squidding spot in the area that'd be great.

I've got some harbour squid in the freezer but I think they're getting a bit old (the colour doesn't look right)

Any help would be great and if you're in the area, I'll be in the blue and white Haines 15' half cabin, say g'day!

:1fishing1:

oh where do i start?

Got to Watto's around 9am ... Sean, you're a champion!

Had a relaxing day wit hthe family.

Hit Mooney Mooney at about 3:30pm and might I say, what a great ramp! I haven't been there since they fixed it and mate what a great ramp!

Anyway, we were heading out for some bait but cause we fart arsed about, we thought we'd just use the stuff we had instead of coming back and possibly missing the tides etc ....

Fished:

Milson Island = :thumbdown:

Spectacle Island = :thumbdown:

Under the bridge = 2 x catfish + 1 x eel :thumbdown::thumbdown:

Long Island under the railway bridge = 2 x catfish + 2 x eel :thumbdown::thumbdown:

Opposite Cabbage Point along the rock wall = 1 x catfish :thumbdown::thumbdown:

8pm, turned back and headed home!

and to top it all off, I'd spooled my little spinning rod with 6lb braid I got from Watto, my mate stepped on it about 15 minutes into the trip and snapped the tip off it so I only had my boat rod all night!

all in all....it was a GREAT kebab once we got back home!

Guest rzep

Fishy Fingers,

It was good to meet you down at Wattos yesterday.

A shame about the lack of quality fish and the broken rod tip. :thumbdown:

At least you were still out on the water enjoying yourself :thumbup:

Stumpy , the Stumpettes , #1Son and I did an all nighter on Friday night in the Hawkesbury. Tried for some livies at west head , but i think we may have left it a bit late.

Decided to setup anchor in Smiths creek , the Stumpettes scored really well on Tailor , Stumpy scored a nice Bonny in one of the bays off Smiths creek the next morning.

We spoke to the guy at Parsley Bay who was doing the Fisheries Survey , and of all the boats that had come back in by midday Saturday , only 3 of us had caught anything.

Just one of those quiet days I guess.

Ross

Stumpy , the Stumpettes , #1Son and I did an all nighter on Friday night in the Hawkesbury. Tried for some livies at west head , but i think we may have left it a bit late.

Decided to setup anchor in Smiths creek , the Stumpettes scored really well on Tailor , Stumpy scored a nice Bonny in one of the bays off Smiths creek the next morning.

We spoke to the guy at Parsley Bay who was doing the Fisheries Survey , and of all the boats that had come back in by midday Saturday , only 3 of us had caught anything.

Just one of those quiet days I guess.

Ross

Yep, sure as hell was quiet! ...............

............Except when Ross went to sleep. My kids thought we were next to an airport.

I told them that the noise was Ross's Etech cooling down and that was normal. Unfortunately they informed me that the noise was also similar to the one coming from my bedroom when I return from the RSL on a Friday night !

Guest rzep

Yep, sure as hell was quiet! ...............

............Except when Ross went to sleep. My kids thought we were next to an airport.

I told them that the noise was Ross's Etech cooling down and that was normal. Unfortunately they informed me that the noise was also similar to the one coming from my bedroom when I return from the RSL on a Friday night !

:Funny-Post:

unfortunately, the only noises coming from us on saturday night were profanities every time we pulled in another eel or catfish!!

mate th catties and eels are prolific at the moment especially at night. you must persist and keep at it and the fish will come, just keep mving around and try different spot and you will find the hawkesbury is firing at the moment. went two weeks in a row and scored well on flatties and jews. fresh squid got the jew and prawns and plastics got the flattys. the back of dangar is the go for flattys at the moment near the poles on the banks as there is a great drop of there.

mate th catties and eels are prolific at the moment especially at night. you must persist and keep at it and the fish will come, just keep mving around and try different spot and you will find the hawkesbury is firing at the moment. went two weeks in a row and scored well on flatties and jews. fresh squid got the jew and prawns and plastics got the flattys. the back of dangar is the go for flattys at the moment near the poles on the banks as there is a great drop of there.

mate how many spots can one change in a night?!?!

Milson Island = nothing

Spectacle Island = nothing

Under the bridge = 2 x catfish + 1 x eel

Long Island under the railway bridge = 2 x catfish + 2 x eel

Opposite Cabbage Point along the rock wall = 1 x catfish

that and i was a little "sooky lala" when my mate snapped my spinning rod in half when he jumped on the boat!

mate think as i do, less expectation = less dissappointment. just be happy u are out there on the water because i bet there a thousands who wish they were out there or even had a fishing rod.

the fish will come just keep moving and trying new things. oh and read books and watever you can find on the topic.

Good call Kingie.

Its great to be on the water anyday or night of the year!

To have a rod in hand is a bonus!

Carefull if your going out this weekend guys, its wet , wild , and miserable out there .