Fishing Adventures

coollamon

Hey guys

It's been awhile since I have posted up with a report But I have been busy either woking or fishing :thumbup:

I have been fishing H&C a bit from the boat after work I get there around 1:30am and fish until 8:30-9:00am

I got smoked by something huge, it took 290yds of 6lb braid and spooled me completely :1badmood: but still was fun to try and land it

One of my mates Wrongsize caught a nice bream went 35cm on 6lb leader with peeled prawnspost-1814-1179042815_thumb.jpg

post-1814-1179042832_thumb.jpg

Then during the day (flat battery on phone no pics) we caught a heap of flatties on soft plastics biggest went around 60cm and we also scored a couple of nice bream

I took Coollagirl out on the boat for her 1st night time session and she LOVED it :yahoo: after grabbing a couple of live baits we went over to the wedding cakes and tried to get a kingie or to but to no avail

but Coollagirl managed to grab a nice bream which is a new species for her and she even picked it up which she still tells everyone about so She obviously was stoked to overcome her fear of slimy fish

post-1814-1179043423_thumb.jpg

post-1814-1179043447_thumb.jpg

I went back to the spit the following weekend to get some livies with Esratew and he scored some nice squid with me loosing a corker but none landed ,Bumped into the usual crew under the spit Hookem and Dano-1 and also the boys Dan and Greg we left soon after to go and have a bash at the kingies again and it seemed like the fishing gods were against us as there was nothing happening then we get the call from Dano1 asking for our mobile number I oblige him and soon after the call comes through with directions as to where they were and an invite to join them as they were onto some nice fish YEEEHAWW we were off like a rocket to find the boys doing well with several nice fish caught and one being landed as we arrived

then to see Jase get his pb Kingie was awesome and well earned

I was thinking to myself Gee I hope we can hook up to and sure enough after a generous offer

from hookem's boat we were given a few fresh squid as our stocks had run out (thanks heaps boys)

then it was esratews turn with a nice fish boated of around the 65cm mark :thumbup: woohoo

Then it was my turn to test out my new overhead combo and boy did it deliver and my new pb of 65cm joins its mate

post-1814-1179044458_thumb.jpg

post-1814-1179044490_thumb.jpg

post-1814-1179044506_thumb.jpg

post-1814-1179044538_thumb.jpg

I also met southerly in his kyak and witnessed an incredible capture from the yak (looking forward to seeing the footage of this)

all in all this last couple of weeks has been great and has re inspired me to fish more

Cheers

Coollamon

Edited by coollamon

Hey guys

It's been awhile since I have posted up with a report But I have been busy either woking or fishing :thumbup:

I have been fishing H&C a bit from the boat after work I get there around 1:30am and fish until 8:30-9:00am

I got smoked by something huge, it took 290yds of 6lb braid and spooled me completely :1badmood: but still was fun to try and land it

One of my mates Wrongsize caught a nice bream went 35cm on 6lb leader with peeled prawnspost-1814-1179042815_thumb.jpg

post-1814-1179042832_thumb.jpg

Then during the day (flat battery on phone no pics) we caught a heap of flatties on soft plastics biggest went around 60cm and we also scored a couple of nice bream

I took Coollagirl out on the boat for her 1st night time session and she LOVED it :yahoo: after grabbing a couple of live baits we went over to the wedding cakes and tried to get a kingie or to but to no avail

but Coollagirl managed to grab a nice bream which is a new species for her and she even picked it up which she still tells everyone about so She obviously was stoked to overcome her fear of slimy fish

post-1814-1179043423_thumb.jpg

post-1814-1179043447_thumb.jpg

I went back to the spit the following weekend to get some livies with Esratew and he scored some nice squid with me loosing a corker but none landed ,Bumped into the usual crew under the spit Hookem and Dano-1 and also the boys Dan and Greg we left soon after to go and have a bash at the kingies again and it seemed like the fishing gods were against us as there was nothing happening then we get the call from Dano1 asking for our mobile number I oblige him and soon after the call comes through with directions as to where they were and an invite to join them as they were onto some nice fish YEEEHAWW we were off like a rocket to find the boys doing well with several nice fish caught and one being landed as we arrived

then to see Jase get his pb Kingie was awesome and well earned

I was thinking to myself Gee I hope we can hook up to and sure enough after a generous offer

from hookem's boat we were given a few fresh squid as our stocks had run out (thanks heaps boys)

then it was esratews turn with a nice fish boated of around the 65cm mark :thumbup: woohoo

Then it was my turn to test out my new overhead combo and boy did it deliver and my new pb of 65cm joins its mate

post-1814-1179044458_thumb.jpg

post-1814-1179044490_thumb.jpg

post-1814-1179044506_thumb.jpg

post-1814-1179044538_thumb.jpg

I also met southerly in his kyak and witnessed an incredible capture from the yak (looking forward to seeing the footage of this)

all in all this last couple of weeks has been great and has re inspired me to fish more

Cheers

Coollamon

Great report John and good bag of fish there. Glad to wee Wetarse..oops Esratew get onto a few too.

Also glad Coollagirl get over her phobia of " slimy fish" LOL

Sounds like you have been giving the fishin a good shot in recent weeks...Good going mate.

We'll have to get that invite settled soon, just as soon as work allows.

Cheers

Pete.

Great Report John , good to see Heather getting amongst the fish as well !!!

Ross

Good to see those squid got you into a couple!!! Particularly after your only livie ended up onboard with Jase an myself, of which it took 20mins to give it back

D & G