Two 35kg Tuna Caught This Week

Ross Hunter

Billfisher scored two 35kg yellowfin this week as well as that there have been reports (although unsighted of a big fish to 66kg) Has any Raiders heard any reports?

One of the Pt Hacking boats had them jumping around at the Canyons. Looking at the isotherms the area to the south of Botany may work better than the north There is some great looking 22.5 to 23 degree yellowfin water in that area. Trolling can work if the fish are feeding on surface source, if not then cubing untill late in the afternoon is the go.I have just posted a "HOW TO CATCH YELLOWFIN SERIES" on yellowfin on our web site www.gamefishingcharters.com.au or click on the banner at the top of this page.Go into "FISHING STORIES AND HINTS" also visit "FISHING REPORTS" for an update on the YELLOWFIN tuna and a great striped marlin caught on Billfisher. Sorry about no photos but still can't work out how to do it on my program.

A WORD OF CAUTION TO ALL OFFSHORE FISHOS WATCH THE WEATHER THERE IS A BAD FORECAST FOR FRIDAY AND SATURDAY.

Hi Ross,

Here is a picture of the 66kg fish caught this week off Sydney, the angler was Tony Portela.... the fish was caught on the cube at around 9am.

CopyofDSCF1726.jpg

Sammy,

I heard about that fish thru the grape vine . What a beauty, congrats to Tony. We should have a good run at them this season if it's as good as last season we'll all be happy

Ross

Thanks for the heads up ross,

If time and money permits this season i might try and get a group of mates together and come out and see how its done!!!! Been loving reading your how to's on your website as well!!!!

:1fishing1:

tight lines

Thanks for the heads up ross,

If time and money permits this season i might try and get a group of mates together and come out and see how its done!!!! Been loving reading your how to's on your website as well!!!!

:1fishing1:

tight lines

Fishlexic

Thanks mate! We do go to an enormous amount of work on the site and it is most appreciatted when someone says "Thanks" it makes the work worthwhile We would love to take you out sometime give us a call when your ready.

Ross

Ross i have to add my thanks and congratulations for your site, it is an excellent read if nothing else!

It is outstanding that you have poured a lifetime of experience into it for us the recreational fisher. There is a wealth of information to be digested, unlike so many other sites that have a few dated pics of YFT days gone by....

Congratulations again

Cheers

Sam

thanks for the heads up ross.

nice work to tony for that 66kg YFT he caught and i couldnt help but notice that the boat he was fishing from looks like a trophy boat. looks very similar anyway.

Edited by frankp