Sunday 20/5/07

sanger

Well this time im going to keep it short and in point form!!! cause thats all it deserves!!!

1. out at 4am to the spit to get 2squid

2. balmoral on sun up for about 5 yakkas. As the plan was to go jigging we thought this would be enough! ( saw tiny kings eating our bread of the surface which we were burlying with). While we were catching yakka's i hooked one which was quickly smashed by a small king in the blink of an eye which snapped the 4lb line i was using after giving me a nice little slice in the finger!!!! little buggers!

3. out to the peak did about 5 jigging drifts for bugger all over about an hour.

4. trolled out to 12 mile for sqaut then spent about an hour jigging there once again with no results!

5. came back in to north head quarentine bouy. Lost both live squid to pickers landed one small sampson fish on a yakka. ( sorry no pics cause we thought this would just be a warm up so he was quickly relased)

Yakkas left out for about another hour with no result. even the fresh squid strips that our livies had been turned into by the pickers where no longer interesting even though the sounder was full of fish!!!! Did raise a squid on a yakka though.

6. Thought we'd give middle harbour a go seeing as though everyone else seems to be cleaning up through there recently..... BOW BOW. ZIP NUDDA NOTHING! Once again nothing even though there was plenty on the sounder!!!! I did see a new icon on the sounder ive never seen though it looked something like a rod and fishing reel going passe attached to a king :074::074::074:

Sorry ceph couldn't resist

now seriously can we have a moment of silence for cephs rod and reel combo please!!!!!!

Hope everyone elses day was better than ours!!!!!

:1fishing1: Tight lines!

6. Thought we'd give middle harbour a go seeing as though everyone else seems to be cleaning up through there recently..... BOW BOW. ZIP NUDDA NOTHING! Once again nothing even though there was plenty on the sounder!!!! I did see a new icon on the sounder ive never seen though it looked something like a rod and fishing reel going passe attached to a king :074::074::074:

Sorry ceph couldn't resist

:1fishing1: Tight lines!

Funny but slack :074::(

penguin

Funny but slack :074::(

penguin

Sorry mate only trying to make light of a shitty situation!!!! Ceph if you read this i realy do feel sorry for you!!!! Stuff like that sucks!!!!

Sorry mate only trying to make light of a shitty situation!!!! Ceph if you read this i realy do feel sorry for you!!!! Stuff like that sucks!!!!

Mate.. I can see the funny side too !! Especially since I am always banging to my fishing buddies to not leave your rods unattended...

It is a funny feeling when your stick goes over the side. Part of you is pissed off because you lost a fish, the other part, because you now have to work at the servo on weekends to get the coin back to buy another outfit... (the :wife: doesn't know how much it was)

For the meantime, I wil spool up my squidding outfit with 50lb braid.. anyone know ho much 50lb you can get on a 1000 Stella?? :074:

Mate.. I can see the funny side too !! Especially since I am always banging to my fishing buddies to not leave your rods unattended...

It is a funny feeling when your stick goes over the side. Part of you is pissed off because you lost a fish, the other part, because you now have to work at the servo on weekends to get the coin back to buy another outfit... (the :wife: doesn't know how much it was)

For the meantime, I wil spool up my squidding outfit with 50lb braid.. anyone know ho much 50lb you can get on a 1000 Stella?? :074:

Good to see the joke wasn't lost!!!!!

i'll lend you my old shimano jhx 6000 that seazed up from to much salt on the weekend for a while if you like!!!!! :biggrin2:

Fishlexic,

Shame you didnt land any kingies.

What spots in MH did ya try?

I am going out tonite in MH to try for a jewie at the spots i mentioned to ya B4.

Cheers

Hey Zenman,

To be honest we didn't give middle harbour a fair amount of time to say it didnt produce for us. like only about 30 to 40 minutes on our way back in. We had 3 yakkas, one very largs live squid ( like 45-50cm ish) and one squid head out and were sitting in the last patch of moured boats on the south side of mh before you get to the rosville marina..... sorry not sure if that is a clear explination but one of the spots where you see the fishabout charters sometimes anchored. There was plenty on the sounder with something( at a guess kings) doing arc's into bait schools below us. But as i said we weren't there that long so can't really expect much. We are about to purchase some downriggers so hopefully that will help out in the future!

I think half our problem was that we tried to do to much in one day and didn't give any one spot a whole heap of time!!! but hey thats fishing you learn a little more every time you go out!!!! :biggrin2:

Hey Zenman,

To be honest we didn't give middle harbour a fair amount of time to say it didnt produce for us. like only about 30 to 40 minutes on our way back in. We had 3 yakkas, one very largs live squid ( like 45-50cm ish) and one squid head out and were sitting in the last patch of moured boats on the south side of mh before you get to the rosville marina..... sorry not sure if that is a clear explination but one of the spots where you see the fishabout charters sometimes anchored. There was plenty on the sounder with something( at a guess kings) doing arc's into bait schools below us. But as i said we weren't there that long so can't really expect much. We are about to purchase some downriggers so hopefully that will help out in the future!

I think half our problem was that we tried to do to much in one day and didn't give any one spot a whole heap of time!!! but hey thats fishing you learn a little more every time you go out!!!! :biggrin2:

Ah well mate!!! Still beats work ay :tease:

You will crack MH soon!

D & G

Bad luck on the fishing Fishlexic - but it sounds like you gave it a bloody good try.

It's kind of funny that you went so far, and tried all those different techniques, only to score less fish than the guys who drove five minutes from the Spit and moored in MH!! It's happened to me more times than I'd care to think about (the travelling for no fish - not the opposite).

Ah well mate!!! Still beats work ay :tease:

You will crack MH soon!

D & G

Yeah one day!!!! its not from lack of trying!!!! :biggrin2:

Each time we head out at the moment we learn a bit more about what to do! sounds stupid when we arent getting that many fish but we are starting to crack the whole catching live bait thing!!!

Yeah one day!!!! its not from lack of trying!!!! :biggrin2:

Each time we head out at the moment we learn a bit more about what to do! sounds stupid when we arent getting that many fish but we are starting to crack the whole catching live bait thing!!!

Mate it feels good to put in the hours and then start to get results.

These things u are learning ull never forget and you understand ,because of the hard work u put in, its hard to just come out and tell everyone how to do things.

You can give an idea of how things are done and anyone prepared to put time in will get results from persistance.

Well done mate anyway

first things first ..Live Bait = Fish :thumbup:

Cheers Jase