Port Kembla

slothe

Hi peoples.

Headed out this morning at about 8, headed to wards local islands and wind starts up so decided to peg up behind one of the islands out of the wind as trolling was out of the question. Burled up for a while, the boat next door was doing a good job of that as well probably to good as I'll tell you latter.

Anyhow i rig up for bottom & float bait fishing set lines out and wait. :smoke: Then my smaller rod with the floating bait on it goes off, bring it up and its a yellow tail. So i decided to put on a bait jig and get me some bait. Drop down jig and in the process i get a small run on my bigger rod, so i put my jig down about 3/4 the way down and put in rod holder, crab the rod and proceed to real it in when my jig rod goes off, as the drag on the real was loose i let it play. I proceeded to land two snapper on the double bottom rig, crab hold of the other rod and think jeez this is a bigger fight than a couple off yellow tail, taking my time i land two snapper.

post-3420-1179736928_thumb.jpg

4 snapper, 2 rods, one person first for myself but all were under size about 28-Cm. :ranting2: Anyhow carried on fishing the two rods,one bottom one jigging for bait. Pulled in a couple more yellow tail then bang me jig goes off and another small snapper. I proceed to catch about 4 more snapper all around the 28-Cm mark. Then they go quite and tha yellow tail come back, catch another 6 or so and they go quite. Fished for an 1/2 hour or so more for nothing, called it a day an eventful one with take home bait but no snapper bar one that went Cm not worth the photo.