My Latest Outfit

netic

Just received my newest outfit......Have been tossing up wether to get it or not for 4 months and decided it was about time....with the wife so busy with the baby she wont notice the 1k + missing.

A Stella 20000 spooled up with 550 metres of Jigman 70lb IGFA rated braid, all ordered directly from Japan.

Researched the braid for a whole month and the pro jiggers in Japan swear by Jigman as the best along with Varivas braid.

Hopefully she well get used for YFT, Big Kings and even hope to catch a marlin with it.....now that will be fun.

Match her up with T-curve jigstick 400

he's some pics of it, No 1 alone and number 2 with her fellow Shimano outfits

Guest Plastic Fanatic

:1worthy::1worthy:

NIIIIIICE Netic!

Look forward to some photographic evidence of the official christening! Great setup mate :thumbup:

PF

Hopefully Penguin...but it will more then likely be a rat king as im not planning on targetting YFT for a couple more weeks....am dying to get out for a fish...only been once since the baby was born

NICE out fit mate :thumbup:

with all the expensive gear mate i think for future fishing trips we gotta start

attaching lanyards to the reels whilst in the rocket launchers... better to be safe then sorry..

steve

Mate its all insured so if i lose one..no sweat...get a newy

Oz

looks like your turning into a tackle rat i know how you feel

i have a 9 month old but wouldn,t change it for the world

Mate when i first started fishing seriously 4-5 years ago i bought a penn outfit that cost me $200...i thought it was so much and i treated it like gold.....That outfit is now in the shed somewhere and each outfit ends up costing me a minimum of $800.

I realised soon enough that the gear you fish with is very important.....Only try and use the best...Tiagras for Game....all others with the exception of Penn Internationals are crap in this range.....

And top quality shimano overheads and Spinning reels...Stradics, Stellas, Tekotas and Torsa's

My wife knows how much this stuff costs me but she also knows fishing is a big part of my life so she lets it slide....all she says is....Pay the bills....put money into my Keycard and im happy....

You have people like Big Steve and Sammy who have also poured alot into their hobby...Steve has a DIawa Certate, SHimano Stella and a Torsa......

Sammy is a major junky.....god knows how many reels he has and whole set of custom rods to boot...

I did a rough estimate of just my game fishing stuff i purchase over the last 12 months and including Rods, reels, Lures, Crimping kits, traces, braid game belts etc i have spent just over $6,000....and im still to boat my first marlin........although i did have a tussle with one the other day but lost him.

Fishing is a great hobby and i dont drink or Gamble so the way i think about is that i would rather buy fishing gear then gamble or drink the cash away.

Guest Big-Banana

You can't go past the old TLD's buddy! :thumbup:

Personally I buy the best gear I can afford and look after it like its gold. At the end of the day you can only have so many rods in the water at one time and I find a few outfits for each type of fishing is more than enough.

You can't go past the old TLD's buddy! :thumbup:

Personally I buy the best gear I can afford and look after it like its gold. At the end of the day you can only have so many rods in the water at one time and I find a few outfits for each type of fishing is more than enough.

Anthony, i used the rate the TLD's highly till i was on board a mates charter and he got onto a marlin with a tld....after 2 good runs we could see smoke actually coming out of the reel.....after the whole fight the reel need a rebuild....it was 1 month old and the marlin was only 60kg est.......after that i invested in tiagras

Guest Big-Banana

I'd say it was a bad one out of a batch. I service all my reels after a few trips to ensure they are in top condition. I stick with what works, and so far they've done the job :thumbup:

I love to own quality tackle, but I can't fathom having 50 outfits at one time.

At the end of the day you can only have one rod and reel in your hand.

Edited by Big-Banana

I'd say it was a bad one out of a batch. I service all my reels after a few trips to ensure they are in top condition. I stick with what works, and so far they've done the job :thumbup:

I love to own quality tackle, but I can't fathom having 50 outfits at one time.

At the end of the day you can only have one rod and reel in your hand.

I dont have heaps of outfits.....my whole collection consists of 6 outfits....1 Stella, 2 x Tiagras, I x Tekota, 1 stradic, 1 aernos, 1 sustain...thats it...

According to my charter mate the TLD series although good would not last after catching marlin consistently...the graphite frame bends under the pressure and it will start smoking....i didnt realise how much speed a marlin pulls with until i fought one...they leave YFT for dead when it comes for the speed they pull with

Guest Big-Banana

Just as well I don't catch many! Its a ripper outfit either way mate, YFT would be a ball on a threadline.

I just got a Tekota, can't wait to give it a go.