Finally A Jewfish For Squidgirl

squidboy

Hello Raiders,

Its been far and beyond a post from myself so here it goes. Took Squid Girl out for a fish two nights ago at spot YXZ. To sum it up one large run which was a suspected Jew. But the line broke at a knot and it was all over before she knew it.

So last night we had 2 hours to spare so we headed back in search of this mysterie Jew. But lucky enough after a few runs, she lands her first jewfish. After a fast few snap shots of the fish, we put it back in the water only to watch it swim safely away.

The fish was caught on squid, and yes FRESH squid is the answer.

It was an eventfull pair of nights out full of enjoyment and I'm sure the fish is happy to live another life.

Hope this message encourages those who havent caught one or find it hard. All I can say is that I have spent many many many hours for my first and fewer hours for the rest of them that come :1prop:

Good Luck Raiders I have posted the pic below :biggrin2:

post-2763-1180078135_thumb.jpg

Well done, Squidgirl!! Any hints on where you got it, like NSW or QLD ???? I have caught a few 'soapies' (about your size) but have yet to catch a decent one from the beach

Cheers

Roberta

Edited by Roberta

The fish was actually caught within Sydney. It was caught in a channel with a sandy bottom from land. Some more hints would be the moon really doesnt matter that much. seems like the fish dont really wait around for the moon phases otherwise they would be starving.

just a question from a jewie virgin, i understand that they are bottom feeders, but around bridge pylons etc what type of rigs would be used to avoid the snaggy bottoms? especially with live baits.. or is it just something u need to live with while fishing for jews around that type of structure?

Cheers

Davy

Top work on the jew btw!

Edited by Davy

I have something called "easy rigs". I have about a foot of line down to a sinker. So when the current is going the bait is suspended from the bottom.

Just a reminder that live bait will attempt to hide from its predators so they will get your line into snags.

Hope this small tip helps, but Im sure others on fishraider will be able to help you more too