Warning

roosterman

Hi guys,

Over the last couple days on the radio people complained alot about Num-Nuts and gangs fishing the wharves around abotsford/cabarita/chiswick areas and making alot of mess and :ranting2: joe public.. i know these guys causing the problems are not Raiders as we are all responsible fishos,[well id like to think we are anyway].

so i would hate to see any of you guys get caught up in this fiasco as the ministers and all concerned promised a crackdown on this behavior and also as fishing from the wharves is also illegal.could be an expensive fishing trip.. :1badmood: i used to fish as a kid for blackfish from some syd wharves,not any more though. :thumbdown: .. anyway tight lines wherever you are guys..... steve....

Edited by roosterman

i was listening to that on 2GB on thursday arvo and i think there are 2 sides to it.

We push off from Cabarita regularly and to be honest, I've only ever seen families BBQ'ing or picnicing there.

as for "lebanese gangs" as the callers put it...to be honest, and i'm not being racist, I've only ever seen asians at cabarita and never heard a peep out of them let alone drunken rowdy behaviour.

it's the whingers that sometimes ruin it for the rest...but .... :05: i guess

Edited by fishy fingers

hi fishy fingers, yeh i agree with what you say about the "lebo bashing" as i call it.. i think we all have to remember its talkback radio and the dj can steer the topics in ways to get the good ratings.. i do agree with the messy shit left behind by fishos on public wharves,i used to see lots years ago from the "yakka brigade" and such and from the last couple of trips on ferries its not changed much..gives all us responsible fishos a bad name... i just wanted to warn any raiders about lobbing down the local wharf to wet a line and copping a fine..

before i got a boat i was a regular at cabaritta.

usally me and 10-20 asians and lebanese, whilst some where a bit loud, (which only bothered me cause i thought they where scaring the jewies away).

everyone was pleasant and friendly to each other, there was never any trouble and no gang activity.

most people cleaned up there mess as there are bins provided.

the only problem i see is people keeping undersize fish (mainly bream and chopper tailor) and i cant imagine many would have a fishing lic.

i suggest fisheries take a viet and chineese translator to these spots and try an educational approach.

But lets all keep in mind that if you live in west sydney and can't afford a boat. the river cat warfs are really your only option to fish land based,

you cant get near the water anywhere else, and its the only place that is has lighting at night.

as long as these people behave them selfs (which they do)

and are licensed and catching legal fish (which im not sure about)

leave them alone they are only enjoying fishing

Edited by CaineS