Green Weed

Luringbream

I just keep it damp inside a hession bag. I then keep the bag in the garage which is dark and cool.

I haven't kept it for longer than a week though so i don't know how long this works.

Dave

:1prop:

Hey all, just wondering how to keep green weed fresh? I found myself a little spot today and i took a bit home and was wondering how i can preserve it for future outings?

THanks in advance..

DAN

hi dan

i generally give mine a good wash in clean saltwater and let it drain for a while and then layer it in some newspaper or a hession bag , and keep it in a cool place . if your not using it all at once give it a rinse in some frsh salt water every couple of days and depending on the quality it should keep for a week to ten days .

mark

ps want to share the location ?

Hi Dan

Keeping it fresh for long periods of time is tricky - really just best to take what you need for the next say, week! Rinsing is almost mandatory, getting as much water out of it as possible with out hard squeezing (damages the fibres) and wrapping in damp newspaper or hessian in a cool dark place (frigde is good!!)

Spoke with a bloke today who showed me some 'wire weed' that he had stored for 12 months! It looked as new, but didn't have that 'weed' smell! Looked great! He rinsed it often, stored it in salt water which he replaced often & put the aerator on every now & then as well.

Easier just to collect some when you need some, reallY!

Cheers

Roberta

Any old stuff can also just be used for burley!!

Edited by Roberta