The Need For Speed!

inhlanzi

What is the go with those bream / bass boats???

Mate if you were on the Hawkesbury yesterday you could not help but see all those rockets racing around the system.

I watched amazed as they sped up, down and around. This led me to wonder how their comps work?

Here is what I think they must get points for ...

A. Most signage on the side of the boat.

B. Biggest motor

C. Highest jump over a cruiser wake

D. How many hats the co pilot looses on the trip

E. Bayview to Brooklyn in under 10 min

F. Matching fishing outfits

G. Staying in one spot for more than 5 minutes

H. Height of roostertails

I. Smallest fishing rod and reel

J. Ugliest front pedistal seat

K. Smallest windshield

L. How close you can get your boat to the rocks

M. Biggest bream!

( All tounge in cheek fellas some smik looking gear out there yesterday )

cheers from a jealous jewfisherman

inhlanzi

Edited by inhlanzi

What is the go with those bream / bass boats???

Mate if you were on the Hawkesbury yesterday you could not help but see all those rockets racing around the system.

I watched amazed as they sped up, down and around. This led me to wonder how their comps work?

Here is what I think they must get points for ...

A. Most signage on the side of the boat.

B. Biggest motor

C. Highest jump over a cruiser wake

D. How many hats the co pilot looses on the trip

E. Bayview to Brooklyn in under 10 min

F. Matching fishing outfits

G. Staying in one spot for more than 5 minutes

H. Height of roostertails

I. Smallest fishing rod and reel

J. Ugliest front pedistal seat

K. Smallest windshield

L. How close you can get your boat to the rocks

M. Biggest bream!

( All tounge in cheek fellas some smik looking gear out there yesterday )

cheers from a jealous jewfisherman

inhlanzi

:dito::Funny-Post: In that order!!!

Yeah,

Ive seen thse boats as well.

Crazy , crazy, crazy.

And very dangerous too...

I have had first hand experience in the horrendous damage that a high power boat can inflict on someone. Flesh and bone vs 1000kg + of boat travelling over 50 knots. Sends tingles down my spine just thinking about it. :(

Unlike a car they dont stop all that well and driving around at a zillion miles an hour is just plain stupidity.

All for the sake of a few fish...

Evets

Ive been in a few of those boats and they are quite quick Have a close look at one and you will see what awesome fishing machines they are

Dangerous thats like saying all V8 drivers are dangerous These guys are all experienced boat drivers but like anyone driving a car there is always a small percentage of risk takers that are dangerous

As far as I know in many years now of ABT events there hasnt been an accident I know Id rather be on the water with these guys around than further up the Hawkesbury where the ski boats are

There was a $10000 first prize won by Jack Olmos(wacko) fishing out of a TABS tinny

BUT you forgot the one with bonus points, how freaked out you can get your non-boater!!

I was there, and a great comp it was.

I sucked but that's fishing!

I stayed in Pittwater the whole comp as it was to cold to go further with no gloves! hehehehe.

Winter and these boats is tuff on the body, I only did a 3min run and it took a full smoke for my hands to defrost just to cast without throwing $2k worth of rod and reel over board!

Boat drivers in these comps are good, very good.

If you ever get the chance to drive one take it.

You will then see another level of alertness!!

Yes things come up quick and yes there isn't a brake but you do antisapate whats going on around you to a degree of being over causious.

Personally I went the long way round in fast boats.

My first bream boat was a 30mph hornet.

Then a 60mph Nitro

Then a 68mph Skeeter

And now a 75mph Skeeter.

Over the last 2 years I have slowly worked my way into faster boats just so I know I will not do anything stupid. These boats handle like nothing else I have been in. They turn like on rails and handle chop like a cruiser.

Driving one of these is like driving a sports car. You pick your moments, keep distance from everything and just enjoy.

Greg

None of that speeding around stuff for me.........and besides ,

what do you really want oversized engines on a boat for ?

Anyone would think that the fish will leave before you can get there!...........Hey, that could be my problem! :1prop:

G'day Greg

Yea watching you blokes fly around you could see most of them could handle them pretty well.

Got a few questions for you if you don't mind...

What won the comp on the day?

Are there some websites / forums where you can learn more about this style of fishing?

There were some massive donks on those boats what is the average HP you guys use?

Has this type of fishing developed from the US Pro Bass series?

Do you only fish SP?

What species do you target?

Thinking of getting one of those boats to get to the Jewie spots first on the weekends!!!! :biggrin2:

Cheers

inhlanzi

G'day Greg

Yea watching you blokes fly around you could see most of them could handle them pretty well.

Got a few questions for you if you don't mind...

What won the comp on the day? ( A Tabs tinny! fishing boats with baby vibes)

Are there some websites / forums where you can learn more about this style of fishing? (I'll leave that one)

There were some massive donks on those boats what is the average HP you guys use?(most of the bigger ones run 150hp-225hp)

Has this type of fishing developed from the US Pro Bass series?(very similar and uses the same concept)

Do you only fish SP?(sp,hardbodies and lipless cranks)

What species do you target?(bream comps)

Thinking of getting one of those boats to get to the Jewie spots first on the weekends!!!! :biggrin2: (lol, there are multi species ones that would suit that and are rated to 300hp)

Cheers

inhlanzi

None of that speeding around stuff for me.........and besides ,

what do you really want oversized engines on a boat for ?

Anyone would think that the fish will leave before you can get there!...........Hey, that could be my problem! :1prop:

Hi Stumpy

I don't know where this term "oversized" has come from but they only run the max HP that the boat is rated to.

For insurance and warranty you can't run a motor bigger than the stated rating.

I run one of these boats because I like the look of them, they make a perfect bream/bass casting boat, love the feeling the speed gives me and a boat like this is a great moving billboard for my sponsors and potential sponsors.

There are smaller reasons like getting to spots first and no fear of super long runs and extended fishing times. Look at the winner, on the Sunday he fished from a friends Skeeter and stated because of the faster boat he got over an hour of extra fishing time because of the long run from Bayview to Berowra. His fish came on the bite very late in the session, with out the Skeeter he would of had to leave before the bite and would have missed them! He won $10,000............

Greg